TV 200 question ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
masterblaster1

hello all !!

i have a question about a TV 200 engine case. how much must i pay to buy this case ??

greetings

m.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Be very, very sure that what you are buying is the real McCoy and then expect to pay up to £800!
masterblaster1

i have some fotos from the engine case !! have a look, please !!

greetings
robin
Doom Patrol

I'm no expert by any means, but the number looks clean and has not been ground or re-stamped. Others more knowledgeable might be able to tell you if they look right or not. What you need is a photo of the number inside the casing for one thing. And also one of the underside of the crankcase. Particularly showing the neck or crank area. I'd be cautiously optimistic at this stage. ;)
firekdp

I'm no expert either, but I'd be wary of the gap between the Innocenti "i" and the TV2 stamp as it may have had the 175 ground out. I don't think the gap should be so big.
bsso78

Looks genuine TV 200,a better picture of the casing mouth between the engine mounts would be good but i dont think you need to worry about the authenticity.

If someone had ground 175 off it then a 200 barrell not fitting it would kind of give the game away.......
Doom Patrol

That would be my one area of concern I have to say. But there wouldn't seem to be any evidence of monkey business there. I did think that it might be a genuine replacement case and that the numbers might have been added by a dealer. Looking again I think the 2's are slightly different.
Last edited by Doom Patrol on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

it looks a bit odd to me also..could be wrong though...
could you perhaps compare this stamping to others to be sure..?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bsso78

The stamping on TV cases does tend to be less uniform than on other casings,if he posts a better picture of the mouth i could say for definate but ill put me neck out from those and say yes its genuine.
firekdp

Well, I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be much of a gap between the "i" and TV2, if there is room to fit "175" in there, then that is what it is, or maybe this only applies to the frame number. Also the innocenti bar through the "i" looks to fade out on it's right side, like that side has been lowered.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information