scooter riding on the UK's crappy pot holed roads

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

try riding a hard tailed Harley on these roads ffs it's like being kicked in the gut every time you hiy one
Holly s**t it's got teh rust
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Have to admit I agree.

Always used to think, apart from a few noticeable exceptions (A614 Driffield road anyone?) , that after a couple of weeks driving on a Greek Island's roads that the UK roads were pretty damn good in comparison.

Sadly in the past few years the UK has nosedived in road quality (particularly raised ironworks as others have noted) so much that even the poorest parts of the EU are now comparable.

At least Greek Islands have decent weather and friendly people..........
Muttley McLadd

timexit17 wrote: At least Greek Islands have decent weather and friendly people..........
Greek holiday homes might be quite well priced shortly too. :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
warts
Main scooter: honda

They may even accept an IOU.
ArmandTanzarian

When I was in Northern Ireland last year a local bloke told us that the easiest way to tell when you'd crossed the border into the Republic was that the roads would instantly improve. He wasn't wrong.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
ArmandTanzarian

Its official, according to the World Economic Forum our roads are in the same state as those in Namibia or Puerto Rico. That's pretty crappy by anyone's standards

http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality ... lity-check
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

ArmandTanzarian wrote:When I was in Northern Ireland last year a local bloke told us that the easiest way to tell when you'd crossed the border into the Republic was that the roads would instantly improve. He wasn't wrong.
Things must have improved a lot as when I was there 10 years ago the roads in the south were terrible.
Did you have to do that?
ArmandTanzarian

DigDug wrote:
ArmandTanzarian wrote:When I was in Northern Ireland last year a local bloke told us that the easiest way to tell when you'd crossed the border into the Republic was that the roads would instantly improve. He wasn't wrong.
Things must have improved a lot as when I was there 10 years ago the roads in the south were terrible.
Funnily enough, the bloke that said it did follow up by saying that it used to be the other way round.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

I always report potholes to my local authority via the Highways Dept. It does assist with any future claims if it's reported and they do nothing but I tend to find the workmen are now out pretty quick. If they don't know they are not liable as inspections are only done periodically but if reported it puts the liability back on the Highways Dept.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information