T5 or P2

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Thanks for the thoughts you've pretty much confirmed my thinking that the P2 motor was the best basis to work from.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

A malossi 172 T5 engine is fast, very easy to build and, depending on which exhaust and clutch gear is fitted, can be torque fest or rev monster! An iron barrel polini p2 takes alot of time, knowledge and patience to get right. Not an easy build.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hence why I mentioned the Ali polini kit , pisses all over t5's with or without a kit on in my experience. And bags of tourque, what the piaggio group should have built instead of those pug ugly gts's ;-)
rosscla

Just had the pig out with scuds T5 engine in for a shakedown, had to wring the neck off it to get it over 60 on the clock.

Our mutual friend is locating a suitable set of p2 metal in the garage as we speak.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

What's a P2? :mrgreen: Sorry I'm a mid life Lambretta buyer, new to the scene.
rosscla

corrado wrote:What's a P2? :mrgreen: Sorry I'm a mid life Lambretta buyer, new to the scene.
LOL
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

corrado wrote:What's a P2? :mrgreen: Sorry I'm a mid life Lambretta buyer, new to the scene.
It's what we normally see driving 2 up, loaded with gear, driving relatively slowly, when we're stuck in the lay-by making "adjustments" to our faster Lambrettas...... :shock:
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

bazman wrote:Hence why I mentioned the Ali polini kit , pisses all over t5's with or without a kit on in my experience. And bags of tourque, what the piaggio group should have built instead of those pug ugly gts's ;-)
I've no experience of the alloy polini kit but I'm very curious. Has it the same ports and piston as the iron barrel or have they improved it?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:
It's what we normally see driving 2 up, loaded with gear, driving relatively slowly, when we're stuck in the lay-by making "adjustments" to our faster Lambrettas...... :shock:
Ah, the ones with the indicators always on. Or the ones who asked me to join them on the motorway "No" says I "I'm only tooling along at 55 with the trucks" ... " Oh OK, we're doing 65" ...... then 10 minutes later I proceeded to pass them at 55. :mrgreen:
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

corrado wrote:
mick1 wrote:
Ah, the ones with the indicators always on. Or the ones who asked me to join them on the motorway "No" says I "I'm only tooling along at 55 with the trucks" ... " Oh OK, we're doing 65" ...... then 10 minutes later I proceeded to pass them at 55. :mrgreen:
yes it's the second lot with the 70mph + speedo's that can "probably" beat a TS1, but develop "fuel starvation" or hear pinking when over 60......... :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information