fitting a fuel pump to stock fitting carb

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

^
Phew, I didn't imagine it.

This sounds like it might be the solution for Soulboy.
Martin
Adyonekenobi
Main scooter: Li150 Special, now TS1 225cc

Check the carb needle valve is ok, if necessary, fit a larger one to give faster fuel filling to the float chamber.
May be a Good idea to open up the diameter of the fuel supply to the float chamber, like MB does on his carb upgrades.

I think a fuel pump is overkill, sort the basics and you should be ok

Cheers
Spanner check the running gear before every outing, like in the Army. You know it makes sense!
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

which one is the needle valve mate
goldeneye

SI carb doesn't have a separate float needle valve, its part of the carb top assembly. the COSA one has a bigger hole in it for more flow, and you need to change the whole thing. ive told the lad to get a 28mm dellorto and manifold etc.....but funds don't allow this at the minute, so gonna have to persevere with the SI for now.
soulboy

if I remember right the the germans have been using the cosa float bowl for a bit ....so that's what I need to get then a cosa float bowl ;)
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Before you go spending the cash and getting this , that and the next thing , best to check your flow rate first .
SIP taps are , how shall I say it ....
lambro

soulboy wrote:if I remember right the the germans have been using the cosa float bowl for a bit ....so that's what I need to get then a cosa float bowl ;)

Take the basic advice and check that first, fuel hose length etc.
There are s**t loads of uprated T5's running standard carbs with no enlarged float bowls or pumps with no problems.

Oh, and I take it you don't want the T5 cases you asked me to hold for you last September?
Give you 2 weeks you said, and you will have them
Its now March :roll:

Shaun.
goldeneye

ive been raking through a load of SI carb tops to fettle this scoot, and the amount of difference in the drillings , not just in the float valve, but the bit parallel to where the needle sits is quite staggering, in variation I mean. something ive never really looked at before.
smiffy1968
Main scooter: Nevermind Mk1 T5

Bgm fast flow tap, cosa float bowl cover with 5.2mm needle valve, bin fuel filter in top of float bowl cover, fit SiP float bowl extension kit. Fit slightly larger bore fuel line. Jobs a good'un!
soulboy

been offered a spaco 26 mm standard carb I they any good for t5 as thought they were a p2 fitment :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information