old feature scoots

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
916matt
Main scooter: px

The frame on my mate Bedders skelly is part of what remains of clockwork orange he sold the rest ,shame really.

RICSPEED

oh dear

well at least it still exists :shock:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

that is criminal!! :cry: :cry:
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

8-) One of the nisest scooters ever i can't belive it :cry:
RICSPEED

had heard talk that it was being restored though this pic was taken in j howletts shed a few months back :(

not definite but also talk that it was up for sale
RICSPEED

you would think he would have invested in the odd can of wd40 :shock:
scooterslag

RICSPEED wrote:oh dear

well at least it still exists :shock:
Very very very sad to see, hope he does restore it and keep on to it, wouldn't seem the same without JH owning it.
The mack daddy on the left!
rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

I'm not a fan of chrome/engraving etc, I can appreciate the work &dedication that goes in to building a scooter like that but to allow a custom machine of that standard to get in that state is IMHO a disgrace. if you owned a machine of that standard what would it take to wheel it in to the house to winter it so s**t like that wouldn't happen to it
Holly s**t it's got teh rust
Muttley McLadd

rondon wrote:I'm not a fan of chrome/engraving etc, I can appreciate the work &dedication that goes in to building a scooter like that but to allow a custom machine of that standard to get in that state is IMHO a disgrace. if you owned a machine of that standard what would it take to wheel it in to the house to winter it so s**t like that wouldn't happen to it
If you've lost interest though, it's easy to understand how it could happen. Not everyone is passionate about the same hobby for their whole life.
It's not just these custom bikes. I bet a quick search on bikes you've owned on the DVLA website would reveal a fair few of them aren't on the road now. I know the one I owned in my teens has been off the road since I sold it. It'll be languising in someone's shed going as manky as the one in the pic. Which is a pity. It was fu cking fast.
CakeAndArseParty
ArmandTanzarian

I might be wrong and sincere apologies to JH if my cod psychology is way off, but I recall that JH was accused of checkbook customising even in the eighties. He had some amazing scoots but I never got the impression that there was a lot of passion in them. Dazzle was brilliant and must have taken ages and cost a fortune. Then he had the whole lot blasted and redone at even greater expense. To me that suggests one of two things; either a healthy lack of sentimentality and attachment to material possessions or a spoiled kid who doesn't appreciate what he has because he's always got whatever he wants whenever he wants it.

Bloody nice scoots though
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information