What gear am I in?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
railfancwb

Some scooters and bikes have lighted indicators for the different gears. My 1988 Suzuki 450GL has lights for all six gears.

My 1980 Vespa P200e would theoretically have a light for neutral if I find and install the correct switch in the selector box.

Has anyone modified their manual shift Vespa to show lights for each gear? If so, how?

This device might - I say might - be useable with two cycle engine. If so it includes gear lights and other nifty features.

12000RPM KMH MPH LCD Digital Odometer Motorcycle Speedometer Tachometer F1 2 4 Cylinde... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C2RD1BS/re ... pxbB9YHQ2H
Muttley McLadd

It's a little primitive, but there's little numbers stamped into the headset for just this purpose.
CakeAndArseParty
coaster

Muttley McLadd wrote:It's a little primitive, but there's little numbers stamped into the headset for just this purpose.
:D I was thinking the same 8-)
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

railfancwb wrote:Some scooters and bikes have lighted indicators for the different gears. My 1988 Suzuki 450GL has lights for all six gears.

My 1980 Vespa P200e would theoretically have a light for neutral if I find and install the correct switch in the selector box.

Has anyone modified their manual shift Vespa to show lights for each gear? If so, how?

This device might - I say might - be useable with two cycle engine. If so it includes gear lights and other nifty features.

12000RPM KMH MPH LCD Digital Odometer Motorcycle Speedometer Tachometer F1 2 4 Cylinde... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C2RD1BS/re ... pxbB9YHQ2H
Are you American? :shock:

SF
sean brady scooters
Dealer

but why oh why would you require those little lights anyways apart from maybe the neutral one perhaps .its not that anyone looks down to check when your riding is it ?
with only four gears you should know anyways ,just go by the feel and keep your eyes on the road lol
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Muttley McLadd

Spanish Fly wrote: Are you American? :shock:

SF
Not if he can count to six :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
railfancwb

Gadgets are us!

It was a week or so after I got the Suzuki that the guy I got it from pointed out the lights...and that it had six gears instead of the five I thought it had. No wonder it seemed so peppy in what I thought was high gear.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

My mate was in court following a collision involving his motorcycle and a car. When asked what gear he was in, he replied that he was in jeans and a leather jacket.

True.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information