Wiring help needed pleeeease!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Wulfy66
Main scooter: Looking for first scoot

Newbie here so sorry if this has been asked a million times already. Have fitted electronic ignition to my Li125s, new standard loom was fitted as I originally wanted to restore as factory spec with coil & points etc but changed mind after lots of advice to go electronic. My question is where to connect the output from the regulator, do I have to loop together all the wires (except green) in the junction box or just to the brown wire only?

wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Loop all the colours apart from green to the regulator output wire
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Is that a 6V or 12V junction box? The original 6V junction box has colours paired, whereas the 12V junction boxes are connected on the inside so that all terminals are connected, other than the 2 greens, which remain as an isolated pair. When you fit 12V electronic to an original loom you need to also fit the 12V junction box, then it doesn't matter where you plug the power feed from the regulator in as they are all common (other than the greens) and everything gets the 12V power supply.

SIL were the first to factory produce the 12V common junction box and they, very sensibly, cast them in red/brown plastic so that you could instantly identify them as 12V, rather than the 6V black item, however, most dealers now supply them in black plastic so that they look like the original.

Which one is yours? If 6V... buy a 12V one. If 12V... plug the power from the regulator into anything but the green.

Adam
Wulfy66
Main scooter: Looking for first scoot

Adam_Winstone wrote:Is that a 6V or 12V junction box? The original 6V junction box has colours paired, whereas the 12V junction boxes are connected on the inside so that all terminals are connected, other than the 2 greens, which remain as an isolated pair. When you fit 12V electronic to an original loom you need to also fit the 12V junction box, then it doesn't matter where you plug the power feed from the regulator in as they are all common (other than the greens) and everything gets the 12V power supply.

SIL were the first to factory produce the 12V common junction box and they, very sensibly, cast them in red/brown plastic so that you could instantly identify them as 12V, rather than the 6V black item, however, most dealers now supply them in black plastic so that they look like the original.

Which one is yours? If 6V... buy a 12V one. If 12V... plug the power from the regulator into anything but the green.

Adam
It would be a 6v one as I had already bought it before deciding to go electronic
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Use a voltmeter set to continuity beep. You should get a beep on all the contacts bar 1. 99% sell what they can get so your chances are they are connected
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information