Measuring port timings - Help for numpty

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Well, not a numpty but ive never bothered to do it before and have been looking at the scooterotica calculator here http://scooterotica.net/page19.htm

So, it's a 58 stroke and 107 conrod in there and a deck height of -0.3mm assuming you measure the edge of the crown to deck as opposed to the highest point of the piston crown?

So exhaust port wise im getting 36mm from top of the exhaust port to the top of cylinder giving me 166.73 degrees of exhaust duration

Transfer duration works as 47.45mm top of transfer to top of cylinder giving 113.14 degrees

Inlet duration? Piston skirt length (edge of crown to bottom of piston skirt on inlet side) is 63.06mm however there's a cutout where i have measured it and there's about 3mm either side of this still which is technically the bottom of the piston so hope i measured the correct part? Inlet Floor Depth (Top of Cylinder to Bottom of Inlet Port) is 98mm
anyway if correct the inlet duration is working out at 174.04mm

Does anyone know if ive done it right or cocked it up? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Donnie.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Sounds about right places for the measurements.

You should include the cut out since you want to know when the port opens.

Your blowdown is exhaust - transfer / 2

So in your case 166.73-113.14/2 = 26.79 which looks OK.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
eden
Dealer

lol when did scooterotica rip off my java script?

lol sooooo funny,

they have copied the code and not bothered editing it at all to remove the unused variables and not even changed the variable names LMAO, its not that hard to work out what the script does to work out whats lost code and remove it and what is in the calcs and leaving it in.
All that he has changed it the HTML which displays the text and results. just a very small tweak to what it looks like and NO ATTENTION TO THE ENGINE that runs the calcs. bit like something else, cant think what it is now but I'm sure it will come to me.

just lazy, extremely.

Donnie for your info its not "the scooterotica calculator " its very old code of mine, Dan wouldn't have a clue how to write the script that runs that and before Dan pipes up with that its open source used by loads of people and written by someone else ill just say this, I wrote that script, its not some free script for any thick c**t who aint got a brain him self to make it to use with no mention of where the code came from.

http://www.lambretta-images.com/archive/porttiming.php

all I can say is thanks Dan for the compliment, your so impressed with my script you didn't change a thing, not even the calc that's wrong. if you knew your 2 stroke beans you would have realised it was wrong and either not included it or fixed it, its only a simple typo fgs.

Dan if you want to copy and use my script as your own have the decency to put at least a bit of you own effort into it.

tells a story tbh
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

sorry eden didnt mean to cause problems :-/
Donnie.
eden
Dealer

Donnie wrote:sorry eden didnt mean to cause problems :-/

I'm glad you posted it as I didn't know they had ripped it off :)
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

eden wrote:

would it not of been better to contact Dan direct rather than post your personnel feelings / remarks about him on here.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
eden
Dealer

fairspares wrote:
eden wrote:

would it not of been better to contact Dan direct rather than post your personnel feelings / remarks about him on here.
I have!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

eden wrote:
fairspares wrote:would it not of been better to contact Dan direct rather than post your personnel feelings / remarks about him on here.
I have!
I think fairspeares meant 'instead of' rather than 'as well as'. :roll:

:lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

LOL.........i had forgotten all about 'page 19' its been there for a couple of years at least i think, but the reason i forgot about it is because its actually an 'unused/unpublished/hidden' page on my site which has never been promoted, there are not any public links to it on my site menus/buttons, not sure how its surfaced as being 'available', must be something to do with how Google now searches a website and its pages i suppose??? Its just a little page i setup for myself to use so i didn't have to visit any of the other port calc pages on the web, but i never ended up using it as i have some better actual software for this anyway.

Cant really be arsed to respond to a tit-for-tat slagging fest just because an old/hidden page has surfaced, life is too short for tantrums, abusive rants and fall-outs.....negative energy man, don't need it. I might delete the page at some point if i get time to go into the back office as i dont ever use it.......its very outdated now.

Hope you sort your issue Donnie :)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
gnash..

I couldn't get the lambretta images one to work...?
the gallery thing was covering it?
so I used the scooterotica/Eden one to work out what packers I will be needing ( I think)
well done to all parties...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information