Headlight glass

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

Are the polycarbonate headlight lens just as good as a glass version. Or better?
shocky

The ones ive used over the last 20 years have either gone opaque or developed minute internal cracks that defuse the light , what type of headlight is it ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If you use a polycarbonate lens,its recomended that you dont change the standard headlight bulb for a halogen bulb because the increase in heat can damage the lens.
chippy

shocky wrote:The ones ive used over the last 20 years have either gone opaque or developed minute internal cracks that defuse the light , what type of headlight is it ?
It's the bosatta one I was looking at, supposed to be specially formulated to allow use of halogen bulbs without risk of melting or discolouring. (Their words not mine)
shocky

Is that the pm tuning one

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
chippy

shocky wrote:Is that the pm tuning one

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
Aye, saw it on pm tuning site, need a sx type but it's fair bit cheaper than gp one so not sure if made of same stuff. Same make though
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I git the same one from PM with a blue halogen bulk and it's great. Far better illumination than original one and looks cool.
chippy

paulnobodyimportant wrote:I git the same one from PM with a blue halogen bulk and it's great. Far better illumination than original one and looks cool.
That the sx type you got matey
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information