Breaking a scooter

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
double h
Main scooter: SIL GP 200

rosscla wrote:Have you asked Daz or someone more used to Lambrettas to have a look a tit Howie?
No but its becoming less of a ball ache the more money I spend. The engine is now sweet. All I have to renew now is rear shock, front rim, the front dampers and my tyre choice was wrong so possibly tyres :shock: Its an uphill battle and money doesn't grow on trees but ill get there ;)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Haha...that's about right.

I started of planning to spend about 500£ and getting mine back on the road, possibly nearly 3k later it's now running but still got stuff to do...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
double h

[quote="rosscla"]Haha...that's about right.

I started of planning to spend about 500£ and getting mine back on the road, possibly nearly 3k later it's now running but still got stuff to do...[/quote
Aye, that's the way it seems to go. You are bringing to life an old friend that you have history with so will be worth it in the end ;) .
eden
Dealer

and there is ALWAYS STUFF TO DO....
its never ending, which for me is why I love it :)
double h

eden wrote:and there is ALWAYS STUFF TO DO....
its never ending, which for me is why I love it :)
Aye, you definitely need a passion to keep chucking hard earned at these Indian/Italian mopeds. My passion levels keep fluctuation though and that's my problem. The Lammy will get there though but I will have in the end a 2.3k bike that's cost me well over 3k. I do enjoy working on the bike as its something different and hope to get good use and plenty smiles out of it. Time will tell :)
eden
Dealer

You will always have trouble keeping interested if the cash value of your Lambretta is in the back of your mind.
I have never seen them as any kind of investment, if your only £700 down your doing well, if I added up what ive spent on my Lambrettas over the years I would probably be at least 50k down but then if I added up what ive spent on fags or alcohol or holidays or cars or nights out or etc etc over the same 35 year period the money spent on my Lambrettas is nothing when the enjoyment I have got from them over the years is factored in.

I will never sell any of them so their cash value is irrelevant, they are priceless to me :)
Rs fruitbat

double h wrote:
rosscla wrote:Have you asked Daz or someone more used to Lambrettas to have a look a tit Howie?
No but its becoming less of a ball ache the more money I spend. The engine is now sweet. All I have to renew now is rear shock, front rim, the front dampers and my tyre choice was wrong so possibly tyres :shock: Its an uphill battle and money doesn't grow on trees but ill get there ;)

If your that close to finishing the scooter ,why would you want to break it ? I'm at the start of a scooter restoration and I'll agree it is a ballache ,at the moment I have a non running scoot that's not UK registered ,so I've a long expensive road ahead of me :oops:
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

eden wrote:You will always have trouble keeping interested if the cash value of your Lambretta is in the back of your mind.
I have never seen them as any kind of investment, if your only £700 down your doing well, if I added up what ive spent on my Lambrettas over the years I would probably be at least 50k down but then if I added up what ive spent on fags or alcohol or holidays or cars or nights out or etc etc over the same 35 year period the money spent on my Lambrettas is nothing when the enjoyment I have got from them over the years is factored in.

I will never sell any of them so their cash value is irrelevant, they are priceless to me :)
+1..............in a big way !
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Best thing I did was get rid of the lammy , bloody good money after bad :roll: :lol: ;)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Couple of my pals have flash motors.....£35k new. 3 or 4 years later they trade them in and lose thousands!

Other pals smoke fags....what are they these days....£7-£8 a pack??? That's £2500-£3000 per year!?!?!?

Yes, Lambretta scooters and their associated parts CAN be expensive, but by comparison to 'socially acceptable expenditure' they cost fcuk all!!!

AND....at least you have a redeemable investment ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information