water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

took it for the mot today and it passed :D it rained on the way there, so i was very carefull, the mot man absolutly loved it, he nearly wet himself when i took the side panel off, and everyone gathered round for a look, did the paperwork and job done,did about 10 miles and tank is nearly half empty, and i didnt use the powerband, its very thirsty but a dream to ride,handles perfectly, all gears worked fine and so did the clutch, got it upto 80 in 6th gear,on the speedo but i think it must be reading too fast as it didnt feel that fast to me, unless it was just because the engine wasnt screeming, not sure, the torque is imense and it pulls hard without being in the powerband especialy in the higher gears, it runs slightly rough for the first bit of the throttle opening, might move the needle to get it smoother,once the revs rise a bit it clears or when you open the throttle wider it clears, overall im very pleased, just got to get it registered now.
holty
holty

hi folks,
quick update, took all my paperwork to rob skipsea on sunday, we filled it all out and rob posted if off monday morning, guess what arrived in the post today, my new logbook all registered and taxed, its on the road, a big thanks to rob for helping me, i would recomend using him, only 6 days is very quick, pleased is an understatement. :D
still a few running issues to address, also i could do with a bit more range as the fuel tank is not big enough, might put a small extra tank on the sprint rack. was also thinking about making a tank to fit inside my legshield toolbox, has this been done before i wonder ?
holty
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Yes, was done before. Check the latest Scootering magazine which features the "Ten Inch Terror" bike, it has such an conversion. :-)
holty

i had better have a look,cheers, did you get your shift pro stampede ?
Stampede

holty wrote:i had better have a look,cheers, did you get your shift pro stampede ?
Yes, it´s here - finally. ;) Due to my expat contract I´m not able to mount it before November. :?

But I did a small trip on last Saturday to get rid of some teething troubles and the gear change doesn´t work too bad at the moment. Just to find the idle gear is a little bit tricky.

Hopefully I find also the time to open another Topic for my scoot. :mrgreen:
holty

when you say you cant find idle, i presume you mean neutral, i shouldt worry, i cant find mine either, it just goes into first or second, i turn it off to get it in neutral, sometimes i can get it when im rolling to a stop, its a very common problem. you mentioned about a toolbox fuel tank, what i was thinking about was putting one or maybe two extra tanks inside the toolbox that i already have, ive seen some aluminium tanks on ebay that might do the job, i will do some measuring.
holty
Stampede

holty wrote:when you say you cant find idle, i presume you mean neutral, i shouldt worry, i cant find mine either, it just goes into first or second, i turn it off to get it in neutral, sometimes i can get it when im rolling to a stop, its a very common problem. you mentioned about a toolbox fuel tank, what i was thinking about was putting one or maybe two extra tanks inside the toolbox that i already have, ive seen some aluminium tanks on ebay that might do the job, i will do some measuring.
holty
Yes, neutral gear is the better word for it. I hoped the ShiftPro kit also improves this problem. :(

I would prefer a single tank, but this is something of personal taste imho.....
holty

oh yes, the shift pro makes a massive diffrence, been out on mine today and the gearchanges are so easy and smooth, both up and down gears, hardest bit is remembering what gear your in. ive adjusted the carbs again and fitted fuel filters, it runs so much better, although its still not perfect, ive a slight miss-fire, ive found the reason a bad coil wire, new coil ordered. :D
holty
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

I've been away on my hols, so these pics may be out of sequence. I am sure Steve will explain what they are.

holty

the carbs are so close to the fuel tank, that a downward pointing fuel inlet pipe meant i had to bend the fuel pipe 90 degrees so i took out the feed pipes, cut them then soldered another piece of pipe to make an elbow, so easy to connect.
holty
ImageIMG_1080_zpsauffugg8 by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1081_zpsfmilcdyn by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information