What do you reckon #2

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
lambro

Automated connection on phone, and just rings and rings.
The same person is selling all of them, and being local you would have expected me to have seen at least 1 of them around.

I can smell bullshit :roll:
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Tried to text but they use their "Privacy number" stuff, that transfers you through to the advertiser (at quite high rates IMO, to enquire about potentially purchasing, "squeek". Free to sell here, or Scootering etc.) I got auto-connect and ringing out too, but only tried for a short while. The charging is from connection, not transfer or answer.
Seems a nice series 2, bonus of sidecar, price is low-ballpark. Uk photos (car in background. It does show number plate, DVLA search?). Someone cloning photos or genuine/ desperate seller?
Difficult to judge because of the contact system they have in place to get any communication set up. It would mean getting through to them, then call bluff and go see? I tried to text I'd visit early next week, to establish dialogue, with a view to deposit once "my mate in Bristol" popped round to check it out, (gotta give a carrot :twisted: )
I could well be that it's a private, never ridden collection from someone with too many toys and wants to move them on to buy "Carbon Credits" or a timeshare, (that doesn't stack up with the "I went to IOW" line though).
S
B-Race Tuning

Just looked at the other ads he's got up. Unless he keeps them in different areas of housing type, or takes his photos at random domestic locations (which I accept is possible), I would suggest it's a scam.
I may try to get through again, but surely in our community someone must go "that's my/ my mates scoot, he lives in scotland and it's not for sale"??
S
Argentopercarter

Well this one was on e-bay last week for a hell of a lot more money, same pics and description and for sale through a dealer in the Southend Area!

http://motoring.trade-it.co.uk/bristol/ ... -TT5088171

And here it is again but these seem to be by the dealer who had it on e-bay:

http://www.usedmotors4sale.co.uk/detail ... EYlBd.html
http://www.bike4sale.co/detail/cmLeLcPo ... -very-rare

I am not suggesting for a moment that the dealer is not genuine.
Last edited by Argentopercarter on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argentopercarter

B-Race Tuning wrote:Just looked at the other ads he's got up. Unless he keeps them in different areas of housing type, or takes his photos at random domestic locations (which I accept is possible), I would suggest it's a scam.
I may try to get through again, but surely in our community someone must go "that's my/ my mates scoot, he lives in scotland and it's not for sale"??
S
Looks as though there is facility to contact by e-mail.
vespanic

I'm no expert but... I believe the seller on eBay is genuine and there has been talk on a forum that his scooters were good. I believe it is the web sites that are the scams as such. A bit like the ads you get on Google when you type in Lambretta- -sites that they have the cheapest Lambrettas and when you look it is all cheap clocks, keyrings etc. I suspect that the original seller has no idea that his adverts have been borrowed. Goodness knows how these sites make money, oh yes people ring their high priced telephone lines in an attempt to speak to the owner :-) It is the sites that are the scams, not the original seller although if you keep clicking through on some of the sites you do get the original eBay listing.
Do not give any of your own personal information to these sites.
Argentopercarter

vespanic wrote:I'm no expert but... I believe the seller on eBay is genuine and there has been talk on a forum that his scooters were good. I believe it is the web sites that are the scams as such. A bit like the ads you get on Google when you type in Lambretta- -sites that they have the cheapest Lambrettas and when you look it is all cheap clocks, keyrings etc. I suspect that the original seller has no idea that his adverts have been borrowed. Goodness knows how these sites make money, oh yes people ring their high priced telephone lines in an attempt to speak to the owner :-) It is the sites that are the scams, not the original seller although if you keep clicking through on some of the sites you do get the original eBay listing.
Do not give any of your own personal information to these sites.
I was not suggesting for a moment that the dealer is not genuine, but that it seems his advert has been used.
B-Race Tuning

I'm not convinced they're the same seller. They are separate ads? It's different numbers for each, which would tie in with their "we charge you to contact the seller" policy for each ad even if same person, but there's nowhere that would confirm it's not one or 6 different sellers in Bristol. Could be you haven't seen them before around Bristol because they are members of the "Lambretta Board" :lol: :lol:
The TV is definately for sale in Essex AND Bristol. And I'm fairly positive the Essex one is the first posted. I've texted Essex number to find out if I can view it in Bristol ;)
Looking through the individual ads, they all look correct, until you tie in the values and they all look too same-y (and that some are high-ish or suspiciously low), and of course then the suspicion because of the TV, which could be wholly right. S
vespanic

Argentopercarter - Sorry, not saying that you did, just making my own comment on it. But the sites that are copying the advert are dodgy to say the least. The Trade-It site seems legit but the other two are not.

Not all the scooters come from the same seller but some do - the white van is the give away. That seller is based in Essex which is why the advert with the seller in Bristol is high likely a scam advert on what appears to be a genuine website. The dodgy web sites say this about themselves:-

**** is a classified ads search engine designed to make the process of finding a classified ads on the Internet easier for the user. It collects a huge selection of advertisement inventories available on the Internet into a single extensive database, the source information originating from various classified of ads websites. Using a fast and straightforward interface, users can query this database and save themselves the trouble of visiting each site individually. The classified of ads themselves are not hosted by Used Motorcycles For Sale - UK and users are always redirected to the original ad listing's website.

These have no address or names in the contacts section.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information