tweaking my mugello set up.

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Rotund
Main scooter: Li200 series 2 p200 vespr chop

Hello all,

would just like to pick your collective brains.

I have a indian GP200 lump in my series 2 current spec is MEC crank with an RB rod, mugello 200 top end, 25mm phbl with a remote filter exhaust is a AF clubman. bought the kit. carb etc already dyno'd for a clubman and she starts and runs really cleanly.

only just fitted the Mugello and whilst the torque is great, great acceleration, great up the hills its only on a par with my stage 4 indian top end at top end speed. on a recent 400 mile run was hitting 55mph on the motorway top whack (thats genuine gps speed though) hit 60 at one point but i was screaming it.

now I do like to bolt an awful lot of unweildy s**t to my scoot and im not a small lad but id hoped for a genuine cruising 60-65mph. im not a speed freak but i do alot of miles and like to make progress.

question is, what are my options? been thinking about an expansion maybe a jl or a taffy copy, ive been told that a 19 tooth front sprocket would gear it better. am i expecting a bit too much from the mugello?

any thoughts appreciated. cheers.
  • Information