50/50 ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've had problems with my rear hub oil seal.....changed it a couple of times but still leaked.

I then assumed it was maybe the "O" ring on the layshaft.....so complete strip down to change the 50p "O" ring.

Once the endplate was out I thought there was excessive play on the hub bearing but how much is too much ?

I plodded on stripping the gear box when the layshaft "fell out"......no resistance in the hub bearing what-so-ever.

The reason for the oil leak is now explained, but i'm now wondering what is worn, the layshaft or the bearing ?

I've a brand new bearing which I will try the shaft in but was just wondering on people thoughts as too which is the most suspect.

The engine was built on new casings with all new internals about 3 years ago (8k + miles)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I built a GP engine a while ago.I fitted a new SKF drive side bearing,but the crank,a brand new MEC crank,just slipped into the bearing with ease.I thought the crank must be at fault,but I tried a new bearing and that was a nice tight interferance fit.
Paul
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information