carb choice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
french connection
Main scooter: li1250 series 2

currently running 30mm phbh on rt 195, not overly impressed, any recommendations, mikuni, vhst, vhsh, previosley had bgm pwk
30 on gp205 thought throttle response was very good on that, but tricky to get starting and tickover good, cheers
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Try a 28 Delly or something smaller....or if you haven't get it set up on a dyno...
coaster

Post up your current carb setup and what it is running like, the phbh shouldn't be too big for a 195. There is a LOT of experience on here with the phbh so it should be possible to get you sorted 8-)
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Are you judging the carb or the kit? Considering that you are not comparing like for like, it is quite a jump to assume that it is the carb. On other similar threads recently we've had a number of RT + 30mm PHBH users saying that they're very happy with that combination.

As already stated, telling us the jetting that you're currently running would be a good starting place for us to start mulling over your setup.

Adam
french connection

thanks ill check jetting, think its118 main 45 slide, 2602, x7,pilot 45 from memory, its not that i dont think its running correctly just doesnt feel as responsive and smooth on the throttle.
coaster

french connection wrote:thanks ill check jetting, think its118 main 45 slide, 2602, x7,pilot 45 from memory, its not that i dont think its running correctly just doesnt feel as responsive and smooth on the throttle.
When you come back on with the jets, tell us a bit more i.e. exhaust, ignition, timing, filtered or open carb.

colin
french connection

ok ill get the exacts on ev
erything for you, on a different subject sort of, anyone fitted marks reed conversion to this barrel, does it give you much more ?
coaster

A reed conversion won't make it go any faster but it WILL make it run a lot cleaner at lower revs and virtually eliminate spitback. I fitted one to a 225 ally barrel and was well pleased with the result.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

I had my RT225 blueprinted and stage 5 tune by Broady and have hardly any spit back.
Running a PHBH28 with small mb filter.
french connection

was told that these barrels were not tunable, mine has all transfers matched etc, and that the reed valve was the only upgrade for power, must say i absolutlety love the rt 195 qualitywise nothing to touch it, very nice and rideable , but i find it a little underpowered.

perhaps i am over carbed .

running mb marchald filter , which i like
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information