Reedvalve - any suggestions for a smallblock?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

jason frost wrote:Here's a Asso/Vertex pistonImage

Just sent you a pm mate :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
alanscottj

Andy W wrote:I have just fitted a small atomic reed block from Corado on to my cast 200 barrel, i have opened the inlet port in height both up and down cut a boost port and cut a window in the piston (Mahle thin ring) and a cut away in the skirt. hope to have it fitted this weekend and see how it goes. I cut the window by working out where the piston sat in the port and then carefully holding in a vice and drilled 3 holes with a 13 mm drill and then cleaned the slot/hole up, again seeing where the skirt sat in the port cut/filed a 5mm deep slot in the skirt. Now when turning the engine over there is a point when both the window and skirt mod are in view giving 360 inlet. Niether are too big but just enough to allow the open inlet.

Engine will be running a 28mm PHBH that has an adjustable power jet fitted (closed at moment), and will probably end up with my Fran Race pipe for now as I've just sold mt Taffy copy. May end up fitting a NK road pipe or the TSR EVO touring pipe.

Andy
Did you get the reed block fitted? Have you tried it out yet?
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Q: From a mate:-
can the added boost port be done on a small block 200 alloy kit with steel liner?
or will breaking throu the steel wall & into the alloy knack the kit all together?
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Well started my engine today for the first time since fitting reed block. It runs ok, I have also managed to fit the air bellows with foam filter on and it fits fine, just touching the panel. This is on a Gp so may be different on a Li.

Don't see why you can't cut a boost port in the steel liner and alloy barrel, you just need to do a bit at a time and keep an eye on the wall thickness.
Andy
alanscottj

Andy W wrote:Well started my engine today for the first time since fitting reed block. It runs ok, I have also managed to fit the air bellows with foam filter on and it fits fine, just touching the panel. This is on a Gp so may be different on a Li.

Don't see why you can't cut a boost port in the steel liner and alloy barrel, you just need to do a bit at a time and keep an eye on the wall thickness.
Andy
How's it running? Any noticeable difference? And, did you have to cut the fins?
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Not ridden it yet, just got it running for the first time. Bit of cable adjustment to do and get the flywheel cowling to fit without rubbing the fins and I will give it a run. Maybe one evening this week with any luck. Didn't have to cut any fins either.
Will let you know how it goes Andy
alanscottj

Andy W wrote:Not ridden it yet, just got it running for the first time. Bit of cable adjustment to do and get the flywheel cowling to fit without rubbing the fins and I will give it a run. Maybe one evening this week with any luck. Didn't have to cut any fins either.
Will let you know how it goes Andy
Nice one. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Should get my Atomic in the post tomorrow :D
alanscottj

Got my Reed Valve, not had any work done yet though. What's the score with jetting after I have it fitted? Will the jetting be significantly different? Up jet?

Any thoughts? :D
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

The ScootRS site recommends upjetting after fitting and plug chops of course.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
alanscottj

dapper wrote:The ScootRS site recommends upjetting after fitting and plug chops of course.
Do you think that would just be the main jet that would need increasing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information