Mike Brewer "Trading Up"

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ArmandTanzarian

Did anyone see the final episode of this on Discovery?

He bought a very nice original Primavera ET3 and sold it on but the price seemed more than a bit strong! I think he bought it for 4000 Euros and then sold it for 5000. I appreciate that the whole program is more or less faked from beginning to end but is that really what they're going for now?

He also (quite correctly) said that the Rally 200 was the best scooter Vespa ever made.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

ArmandTanzarian wrote:He also (quite correctly) said that the Rally 200 was the best scooter Vespa ever made.
The guy obviously knows his stuff then... ;)
Muttley McLadd

Aren't all these shite reality programmes faked from beginning to end? (with a billion retrospective interviews thrown in for good measure - especially for the hard-of-thinking viewer)
CakeAndArseParty
goldeneye

nice Primmy it was as well, but a bucket of soapy water and a tin of carb cleaner to make a 1000euro.....why didn't the dealer he bought it off think of that?..... ;) its T.V., a bit of entertainment, nothing more. you"ll be telling me bear grills doesn't drink his own pish next!
ArmandTanzarian

Is that how much Primmys are going for? 5k sounds mental but who knows these days.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
goldeneye

I dunno, maybe they are all over here so the Italians have to get them imported! 5k euro does seem a lot though. that one would go for sub £2k over here, as nice as it is. I quite like the programme, but they never factor in the time spent actually working on stuff "ive made 500 quid" well, you've made nowt really, cos you and ya mate have been working on it for a week, and the rent on the unit is due......
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

I think itd be better viewing without mr brewer
C’est la vie
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I'm as shocked as anyone here that a prim can fetch 5k. I like the show, good escapism for me. I like Brewer too. He's one of us!
lambro

I didn't see it, but I do like an original ET3.
Theres one here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vespa-Primavera- ... 2eda004851

Cheaper than Mike Brewers one.

:D
Juan

Well overpriced, around £1,500 to £2K over here as a rule for a decent one. The Italians will pay a premium if you've got a really good and original ET3 "Jeans" though. Next to no difference over a standard ET3 other than the denim seat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information