Fooked Rimini 5 speed.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Timbo,

I've been out of the loop recently but will see if I can get an update.

Ciao
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Snap, had similar fault. Fitted and can fine, then went to kickstart and it jammed :( i spent plenty of time shimming gear box as i thought too that the cogs ran close, even with inspection camera. im curious if there's a newer version out as mine had reissued cluster ?
The gear box performed well and i know of another in a high hp motor that's still running sweet, i did mention not to give it too much in 1st after my hassle. For now the AF close ratio box is back in action :)
Eddie15b
Main scooter: gp200e

below is a photo of my cyclone gearbox

i put it together like this after reading of other scooterists problems with the version 2 issue

the 5th gear cog on the tree and the loose 5th gear are flush (at the top)

from this you can see that the alignment of 1st gear cog on the tree and the loose 1st gear are a little bit off

i made up a wear ring/washer to make it align up more (ie fitted between the loose 1st and 2nd gear)

but have yet to fit it as i dont know if its the right thing to do

its only in a standard gp200 so im taking it very easy just now till i see more info on the blogs
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Quick update. I'm being sent a new upgraded cluster by Andy Francis who has been brilliant and has sorted me out in less than 3 days from when I 1st contacted him. When I 1st posted about my problem I was a bit peed off and maybe said a few things that were unfair on Andy. I'd like to make it perfectly clear that I have no problem with him his service or the things he sells. I am more than satisfied with the way he's handled my issue.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Top man Andy Francis
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

What he said...one of the best in the business... 8-)
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Timbo wrote:What he said...one of the best in the business... 8-)
Indeedy, Ive just come home and found a new long engine mount I ordered from him at 4pm yesterday has arrived!!! I havent even had time to borrow the tool yet!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... like :)
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Not commenting on this particular situation but I don't know why any dealer would want to fit one of these boxes particularly in an engine putting out significant bhp. There's not enough margin for the dealer to warrant his fitting and so much seems down to the alignment set up during the fitting process. I heard recently of one approach that had the shimming done out of the casing by aligning the cluster and the loose gears on the endplate so each gear is aligned properly - which sounded clever and sensible though I can't work how it could be done (I reached the limits of my brainpower thinking about that).

I've been running one (v2) on mine without problems for some time and have had it in and out numerous times but I think my lack of problems is down to lack of bhp - around 15 (and quite happy with that). Caveat emptor I say (let the buyer beware). Though it would be a real bummer if it broke.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

jonashford wrote:Top man Andy Francis
^Agree^ And Top Haircut ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information