NOS TS1

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
gpts1

thanks speed demon, going to make the caliper floating, will be removing the old mounting brackets and putting pins on the back of the caliper for it to float on.
gpts1

Just a quick update, panels are just about ready for a coat of primer having had all the panel work done on them, have spent a lot of time on these as i intend to paint the GP gloss black, my main inspiration for this lammy was grumpy225's old frankenbretta
i love this bike and wanted my own version of it, with out copying his. I like to draw lots of ideas from different things i see, Hotrods, vintage race cars and classic bikes. this 32 Ford roadster has been a great source of ideas.
I especially like the look of the wheels, so i am going to try and reproduce the look on my GP
Got a new coating in at work which has a very similar look, so tried a test sample on an old rear hub i had lying around, very happy with the look, just need to order my new set of AF alloy rims for my project.
gpts1

haven't been able to do a lot lately, as I'm moving house shortly, but i got some new rims from Andy Francis and a fork from scooter center koln
Had to have the rims refinished in a polished finish as i could only get the black with a silver lip.
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

is that fox vinilla shock off a d/h bike very very clever work
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

Let me just see if I got this straight. You made a 3 pot caliper out of a 6 pot? Very clever. What was the donor? And if I may, was there any tricky bit or was it fairly straight forward?
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
gpts1

Hi guygrrr

Its buell XR1200 caliper, its not straight forward, I've still not finished it as i got so far and realized even with machining all the rear pots off the back of the caliper it was still to deep so i am now going to have make the back half of the caliper from scratch, so still heaps of work to do, but ill get there when i have some time. the main reason for doing it was i couldn't justify spending a massive amount of money on a Beringer caliper, there like $750 here landed in NZ. Ive only got about $150 in this one plus my time.
gpts1

Small update its been a while and since moving to our new house ive not had a lot of time to work on the GP but got the hub back from the machinist so i can now start drawing up the back of the caliper for fabrication.
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

The most anticipated return to posting on this site! :D
gpts1

cheers man sounds like i better hurry up.
gpts1

So have managed to get a few bits done in the last week, forks are now together, they are new stainless Scomodi unit with MB internals, forks were sent to the chrome platers and given a brushed finish to tone them down, MB bolts got speed dimples put in the end and currently have some titanium fasterners on the way to add a bit more detail.
Also made some more bits for my disk brake and now the forks are together i can start working on getting these finished.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information