it"ll only be a half hour job........

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

....finally fitted the carbon fibre clutch to the T5 ....well, its an easy enough job, ive done hundreds and hundreds of them...so.....mine came out ok, look alrite, apart from a bit of wear on the basket (its welded and got a big metal band welded round it) but the thin bronze washer had disintergrated, and the springs were a bit s**t, so in with the new kit.... but when ive took me back hub/wheel off ! the schwalbe raceman tyre looks like john merrick! now, I'm a bit of a tight tw@7, but even I don't like a tyre that gets BIGGER the more you use it! :shock: ....off with the raceman and tubeless, and I find a S1 on a normal rim on the rack, that goes on.....then bang...a hub stud shears, the only drill I have working is a cordless, so no good, so I whip over to work on me pushbike, and drill and tap the hub on the radial arm drill, and put a button head allen bolt in.... get home and ive promised to fix a mates Victorian captains chair mechanism...so that gets done down the shed, finally get everything together..... sidepanels on , put the scoots away....... 9.30pm!` started at 3.10 pm...... canny half hour! I'm away to bed .........(what does it ride like? f@@k knows!)
Muttley McLadd

Wouldn't four bolts have held it on ok??
CakeAndArseParty
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

yeah usual sh#t jeff just when its going right summat always pops up to annoy you ,clash on mate and let us know if them carbon plates are any good for you ,kev swears by his like :D
goldeneye

the tyre was a bit of a shocker, last time I used it it was for Newark, and it was all motorway. of course ive seen the schwalbe threads, but I check me tyres religiously , tread wear and pressures. it looked like twice the size on one side. ive another schwalbe Raceman on a tubeless, but that's not going on after this. ive never had a tyre go like this one.
gaz_powell

Jeff

There is no such thing as a half hour job on scoot ......................

Had the same on Shaun Macs GP - with a raceman - he did C2C on and had some trouble with cables on way back so dropped it round mine - i pushed it out the garage and thought it felt odd as you said lumps and bumps all over - lucky escape he rode last few miles slow due to the gear selection problems.

Fear to think if he had been going at any speed for a distance.

The tyre was on the bike when he bought it but had about 1mm left on before the tread marker

Both gone for ScootSmart now

Gaz
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information