Lambretta tv175 lights....

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Lambrettatastic

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my lights a bit brighter on my tv. The thing is it is 100% original!and I want it to stay that way visually???so no 12v electronic kits,no dc conversions etc. can you get led rear light lamps that work with 6v? And even an led speedo lamp ? Would this free up a little more power for the headlight?
Any help or suggestions greatly received now it's getting a bit dark....
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

This site would suggest that you can get 6v speedo bulbs (Ba9s) , festoon bulbs (38mm) and a 6v stop/ tailight -

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyleds.htm

Make sure your headlamps well earthed too, as standard the earth is made to the headset top and then is expected to work through greasy steering bearings which can't be good.

Its sometimes worth putting an extra earth in from your headlight/ headset top to somewhere behind your horncast.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Generally the speedo bulb was usually 12V.

Getting your flywheel re-magnetised can also help as can ensuring your loom is not corroded internally.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information