PHBH 26 Slides

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Guys
what is the difference between slides on these carbs. Am I right in thinking a 35 has less of a scalloped cut out on the leading edge compared with a 40 or 45.
looking at the round slide they must all be the same diameter and height.
I have a 35 slide in the carb I bought of a fantic 250 2 stroke. It runs pretty good up to now. but with the tickover screw all the way in it is just a bit too slow. and cuts out. Should I be looking at increasing the pilot jet its a 55 at the moment and the only other one I have is a 53
I am doing choke tests without the main jet in at the moment.
Happy to take the dremel to the slide, to be honest already have and its a lot better than it was but dont want to go too far if I should be looking at a bigger pilot
db67

I would try a 40 slide in it , as you have stated correctly it does have a slightly bigger cut out than a 35, also definitely worth putting in the 53 pilot ,you may even need to go smaller to something like a 50 pilot jet.hope this helps db67
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Saturday night all the shops shut and as the carb came with the not ideal 35 it sucumbed to the dremal. They are also 30 quid. My logic being the slide is lifted to gain revs. Its ticking over nicely now after loosing about 1.5 to 2 mm of the slide front scallop.
I understand all these variables are marked up so you can go a step at a time and if you go too far you can go back a step.
I will go down on the pilot now and see what happens.
PS the wife says I smell of petrol. No sex tonight then. Time for a drink
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information