Genuine plugs.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, after buying what I suspect to be fake NGK plugs (which both failed on me). Could anyone please tell me a reputable place to buy them from? I'm after some CR9 plugs for a Mito Lambretta head. Thanks in advance Pete.
JETEX

I get mine from my local Unipart outlet ( used to be called Partco ). If they haven't got the type in stock that you want, I'm sure they would order them for you. Of course, any of the reputable scooter dealers should also have them.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I can't believe any reputable dealer would sell fakes...
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

I always get mine at a local motorbike shop or moto parts shop. Never online. They must be genuine, as I've had the plug (B9ES) in there for over a year and haven't had to remove it yet.
shocky

Timbo wrote:I can't believe any reputable dealer would sell fakes...
They might not knowingly there suppliers might not even know bit unfair to expect themto test every one
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

who said he bought them from a dealer???

Ebays renowned for having shitloads of fakes, personally I buy from halfrauds / motor dealers locally now.
Donnie.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Donnie wrote:who said he bought them from a dealer???

Ebays renowned for having shitloads of fakes, personally I buy from halfrauds / motor dealers locally now.
Spot on Sir.
I have a Halfords right by me and although expensive they do stock the plugs I'm after. I may just bite the bullet and buy from them knowing they'll at least be genuine..... Cheers Fellas.
Mark ULC
Main scooter: LI Series 2

I buy from local bike shops or from reputable Lambretta dealers. But I have never set the plug gap. How important is this?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Important, there's a recommended gap for a reason, an adult will be along in a minute to explain why, and the manufacturers have no idea which engine you'll stick it in so you can bet they don't preset it for you.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
JETEX

If the gap is too small, you won't get a big enough spark to completely ignite the fuel and it will make starting difficult. If it's too big, it will make the ignition coil ( and electronics ) work harder to make the electricity jump the gap. This will lead to premature failure of those components. Stick to what's recommended for your points or electronic set up. Electronic ignition usually has a bigger spark plug gap than a points set up because it's a stronger spark and the system is more efficient.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information