P200 feels restricted

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Chords
Main scooter: P200

Hi guys.... When running my p200 which I bought 3 weeks ago I clocked a top speed of 56 mph, now it has a sito+ exhaust with a 118 jet so I thought this was a bit disappointing so after some advice from people I drilled the heart shaped hole in the air filter and took it a long steady run and on the way back I gave it full throttle and clocked 64 mph which is on the money as far as I can remember and it ran well. The next few days when I took it out it would reach just over 50mph and start kind of stuttering.... The best way to describe it is it felt like a 50cc when it hits it's restriction..... It was wanting to do more but wasn't going too. It seems a lot better after a long run but I don't want to go top speed incase the jetting isn't right. My thoughts on this are maybe I want to upgrade the jet to a 120. I'm thinking I might be running a little lean.
So the questions are.
1. Do I need to upjet after drilling the holes.
2. Anyone got any idea why it feels restricted at around 50.
3. Should I just put a standard filter back in.
4. Would holes in the filter make it act like this.

Many thanks in advance....... Scott
hungdog

Rings worn ? or cdi breaking down
Chords
Main scooter: P200

Haven't tried any of that yet, have ordered new jets and was kind of hoping that was the problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information