And todays cockup is !???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
warts
Main scooter: honda

The ex used to drive me to work. One morning she was running a bit late. So she jumps in the car in only her nighty and little feathery mules.
On the way back after dropping me off, she run out of fuel.
At rush hour, in the middle of Leicester, scantily clad - the nighty was sheer and only had a couple of buttons, none below the chest region - searching for petrol (and can) with no money. I'll give her her due she was good at blagging and had big tits, so managed to get home. Eventually.
Oh yeah, it was also quite windy.
As you may realise, it was my fault, but as I told her at the time, at least it wasn't raining.
Not scooter related, but may raise a smile.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

warts wrote:The ex used to drive me to work. One morning she was running a bit late. So she jumps in the car in only her nighty and little feathery mules.
On the way back after dropping me off, she run out of fuel.
At rush hour, in the middle of Leicester, scantily clad - the nighty was sheer and only had a couple of buttons, none below the chest region - searching for petrol (and can) with no money. I'll give her her due she was good at blagging and had big tits, so managed to get home. Eventually.
Oh yeah, it was also quite windy.
As you may realise, it was my fault, but as I told her at the time, at least it wasn't raining.
Not scooter related, but may raise a smile.
............probably raised one or two other things as well :D
Scootering since 1968.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I think you might have taken the main heading literally....!
a.j

Went to whitby on my new (to me) gts. Leave winchester & everythings fine. But by the time we get to some services nr sheffield or Leeds the infamous gasket has blown. Think 'i'll get a replacement at whitby'. Get to whitby, have a jolly friday night. Parts fair saturday, no gaskets. Bugger. Enjoy saturday night. Load up sunday & we start to ride home with my gts doing a good impression of a harley. But my mates is running lovely.

Make it jct 25 of the m1 & as I am travelling down hill, ''bleeeeuuuugggh''. It dies. Oh fukkityfuck. Lots of head scratching & ''i dunno do I'' ensues. Push scooter up the hard shoulder & round to a travel lodge type place. Ring mate up in nottingham ''can you pick up my scooter its in car park of said travel lodge, and drop it round my cousins in Long Eaton?'' This is all arranged & very helpful mate says 'leave it to me'. I jump on the back of my mates gts & go back to winchester. I am on holiday, but ring work to see if anyone is doing a delivery in the midlands. Luckily they are so on wednesday I am up at 4 am, drive round with delivery driver, last drop in leicester & then a bit further up to Nottingham. Load gts up, drive back to winchester, unload scooter. Arrange with another mate to get another van on sunday, arrange with mate in southampton who is clued up on gts's to have a look at it on sunday. 10 am, mate comes round with flatbed truck, chuck him a score for fuel & a drink, struggle like buggery to load scooter on. Strap it down, drive to southampton. Mate is there waiting. Before I take it off the truck he lifts the seat up & says.....

''there's yer trouble mush, yer suppresor cap's popped off.'' :oops: x 1 million.
johnny LIS150
Main scooter: 1964 Lambretta LIS150 special

dayum AJ that tale of woe is going to take some beating ! ;)

When I got my first Li150 back in 1967 I proudly rode it out to do some shopping one day. On my return to the car park to ride home the scoot started fine but shortly after on the way back it just died . :shock: ??

Luckily I had a small tool kit with me so i went through checking everything ,points, timing etc plenty of petrol , cleaned the plug , set the gaps etc. Every time I kicked it over it started first kick so I'd jump on ready to ride home and the bl**dy thing would just conk out again. :evil: *%$!*

Several hours later it had started to get dark and so reluctantly I decided to leave the scooter in the Town car park overnight and catch a bus home.
I lifted the seat to retrieve my bag of shopping and realised immediately that the plastic shopping bag had been blocking the air intake all the time :evil:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

:oops: Spot the mistake -

Had the flywheel on before I noticed :oops:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I was working in the maintenance dept at Armstrong Patents (used to make shockers) when one of the shop floor lads came in, in a bit of a state. He'd lent his father-in-laws' car for the day but at dinner time he'd gone to get his pack-up but the door locks wouldn't open :o . Could we please help. Could we !! A "team" of us went to help the unfortunate lad. We were well tooled up with pry bars, bits of wire, an assortment of keys.....the works !! The car park was quite large, maybe a few hundred cars, and there we were, the cream of the maintenance dept having a free for all on the car, poking bending an odd scratch here and there but to no avail. After half an hour of fruitless effort we decided the only way to open the door was to smash the quarter light. The lad reluctantly agreed, fearing the wrath of his father-in-law, but having no other other options. The glass was smashed and entry gained. The next problem was the ignition keys wouldn't work :roll: .....a bit of head scratching was going on...when another worker (a foreman no less) came over and started ranting and raving :evil: . As he quite rightly pointed out "what the F**K were we doing in his car?" The son-in-law got out from behind the wheel, looked about sheepishly and noticed a "similar" looking car 2 bays away :oops: nuff said.....Ahhhh good times !!
joespeed

rosscla wrote::oops: Spot the mistake -

Had the flywheel on before I noticed :oops:

no bearing race ,
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Ting
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
soullad
Dealer

I was working at a builders merchants in Leicester many moons ago. My mate Kev, who was the drummer with SKA-BOOM at the time, popped in and asked if I could pop round the estate (during lunch break when the bosses were out of course) on the forklift and drop off some 3 ft solid concrete coping stones for him. No problem, nipped round there, lifted 'em up to the roof for him. Job Done. Kev waved me off and reminded me that I was dj' ing for the band next Saturday etc etc etc ...

BUT on the way back I got carried away with the wind in my hair, the roar of the open road, and let the truck have it ... but mounted the kerb at the corner too fast, causing it to roll over to the left. Now this had a sunken drive to the left, full of cars waiting to go into the painting bodyshop of the nearby Merc car dealers.

So I rolled it well over the horizontal, onto a line of Mercs, the worst damage being pushing an engine of one model 6 inches thru the subframe and buckling out every single front panel / totalling all windows etc etc. It took two delivery trucks with Hiabs and the other forklift to right it. It took alot longer to fill out the Insurance forms thou :roll:
Last edited by soullad on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information