And todays cockup is !???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

my mate spent 15 years building his Lambretta and finally got it MOT'd and on the road.
He couldn't understand the inch play in the steering column whenever he braked or went round corners- this wasn't just a spot of play between the headset area and the leggies- it was 1 inch!

A quick strip down revealed he had omitted the lower steering bearing cup- the race was simply resting on the bottom of the fork tube.......

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
a.j

To continue with this whole sorry charade...from earlier

''Lo and behold the reed petals have decided to do a runner. Ring up a mate, yes, he's got spares and comes round. Advised me to double up said petals, Rich Taylor tip. Bike fires up, open throttle, it dies.

By now I'm throwing a noose over the gable end of the workshop. "One more try" says I, before I'm reunited with my long gone aunties and uncles once again. As I fire it up and let it tick over, I pull the throttle cable from the carb body and it revs its tits off!!! Now we're getting somewhere!!!

Strip the headset, and the b@5t@rd cable is untrimmed and sticking up like an aroused Rolf Harris at a junior painting final. As I twist it round its catching on a wire connected to the lighting block.''

Anyway, the bloody thing decides after a run round the garden to conk out again. So to sum up, It's been dyno'd, strobed, air leak tested, 3 different spark plugs, each one wet with fuel, great spark. I've got the finest Lambretta brains within 15 miles looking at it, me making tea & we're all scratching our heads. This goes on every weekend for the last 3 weeks & we're none the wiser. Anyway, I'm on the phone to Gary at Allstyles & he tells me he's had this problem & tells me to try something & bugger me it cured it. She runs like a good 'un once again.

Quiz time, what do you reckon it was?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Wires wrong on CSI ?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Scooterdude wrote:Wires wrong on CSI ?
That's CDI . Bloody predictive text writing...
a.j

Nope. The bloody broken reed petal got caught in the exhaust tail pipe & swivelled around to block it up every time the scoot was kicked over. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information