The various costs of building a ‘dream’ Lambretta……

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

soulsurfer wrote:It's certainly and eye opener, but also useful for insurance valuations. Insurance companies like spreadsheets and receipts ;-)
An agreed valuation form from a recognised source is probably more use.

Spending £10 grand on a scooter doesn't make it worth £10 grand.
Did you have to do that?
soulsurfer

Well it worked for me. But it's the cost to replace it not the price you'd get if you sold it, so all the information showing everything is hard evidence of cost to replace ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Scary reading this post....... ;) one day I'll add up what I've spent on scooters and
have a heart attack and then not be able to ride them 8-) so best be in denial
and enjoy it while it lasts . Just ask some of the Targa owners about Lambretta ownership :lol:
G.
DigDug

Mr G in NYC wrote:Scary reading this post....... ;) one day I'll add up what I've spent on scooters and
and enjoy it while it lasts . Just ask some of the Targa owners about Lambretta ownership :lol:
G.
What would you like to know? ;)
Did you have to do that?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

DigDug wrote:
Mr G in NYC wrote:Just ask some of the Targa owners about Lambretta ownership :lol:
G.
How much did the total scooter build cost?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
DigDug

I'd be more than happy to tell you that Dan however the Targa cost is well known.

However I'm sure Jane would rather I had put it towards a new kitchen. :shock:

I've had no trouble with mine and I never bought it to go racing with - I got you to build that one for me Dan and fast it is too but a completely different animal. 8-)
Did you have to do that?
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

DigDug wrote:
Mr G in NYC wrote:Scary reading this post....... ;) one day I'll add up what I've spent on scooters and
G.
I already Know :D Engine off Tino + build and tweak at Stu Owen and now extra tweak at Cam Lam ...So $$ wise I
already know what it costs :-( and could have been on a Ducatti monster for the same money :shock: BUT I would
not have the same smile on my face as headed to three Euro's on my Targa 8-) G

Oh and the misses is fed up with oil on the carpet :lol:

DigDug

Yep the Targa Grin is priceless in my view.... 8-)
Did you have to do that?
a.j

Really. Not having a dig, dug...(see what I did there) but I've had more fun from a crappy old £500 motorcycle than a Targa, that I have ridden albeit for ten minutes, enough to put it through it's paces & stretch it's legs..

VERY Overpriced for what you get, again in my opinion, but will make the owner 1st prize in a dick swinging contest. Prefer the RB240 myself, for the money its a much better deal.
nelson pk

Over priced? Don't really think so.... its a completely different design. New casings, new crank design, barrels, pistons, completely different exhaust and all manufactured in very small numbers.
The development in that project must have cost a fortune (talking about labour here not physical materials) and its only produced in incredibly small numbers. Its one of those projects that they do not expect to earn a lot but rather get their money back.
Would I buy one.......probably not as it is too expensive for me but over priced, I don't think so.
Yeah, you could go out and have an RB240 built for a couple of grand but its not really the same thing in comparison and its not about dick swinging down the pub.
In fact I don't rate RB's at all but its about personal preference not a p1551ing contest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information