LN 125

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Chris H

Girl I'm working with today has just bought a Lambretta LN125 but it only does 45mph. Don't know a lot about auto scooters and struggling to give sensible advice on tuning. She wasn't impressed when I suggested buying a real Lambretta. Cheers Hank
RICSPEED

is this bought new or second hand ??
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Chris H

The bikes brand new but I'm not sure how many miles it's done. To be fair it's a nice looking scooter but it's s**t slow with poor fit and finish and the plastics creak when you ride it. I think that she's going to sell it and buy something faster.
Chris H

My crew mate has just got back to the ambulance and says the bikes done 300 miles and she wants £2000 for it. So if anybody wants a slow badly made scooter get in touch and I will pass your details on
coaster

45mph from a 125 seems very slow, my wife's ET4 will do 40mph and it's only a 50cc:? You can usually tweak a few more mph by plating with the variator weights and or removing any spacer washers between the two halves. That would invalidate any warrantee though.
Muttley McLadd

Is she the same weight as the scooter? If she is, that could be the problem.
CakeAndArseParty
Chris H

coaster wrote:45mph from a 125 seems very slow, my wife's ET4 will do 40mph and it's only a 50cc:? You can usually tweak a few more mph by plating with the variator weights and or removing any spacer washers between the two halves. That would invalidate any warrantee though.
My thoughts exactly a modern 125 should easily do at least 65mph. Will pass it on about the variator.
Chris H

Muttley McLadd wrote:Is she the same weight as the scooter? If she is, that could be the problem.
She's very slim and the bikes made out of plastic so I wouldn't think that either of them weigh a lot to be honest.
shocky

Chris H wrote:
coaster wrote:45mph from a 125 seems very slow, my wife's ET4 will do 40mph and it's only a 50cc:? You can usually tweak a few more mph by plating with the variator weights and or removing any spacer washers between the two halves. That would invalidate any warrantee though.
My thoughts exactly a modern 125 should easily do at least 65mph. Will pass it on about the variator.
That's the rub it's new not modern if get my drift those engines are set up for modern emissions the ecu will be the limiting factor and the engines are old in design I'd try a read speed ecu chip/coil maybe it has a limiter built in for the running in period my exs neco would do 50 on gps if I lay flat down on it run in its pulling 53 onsatnav now it keeps up with most standard geared scoots on ride outs
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information