Misano Supercases.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Shh...my missus,might read this...and guess what that engine I just finished has cost
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Tino told me the price for the Misano crankcase is 1,600 Euro and includes mag housing, Supercrank with 120 mm forged conrod, and Varitronic ignition. All together the price is reasonable.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

If they were £1,600 retail including crank and bearings I'd buy one. There is a huge amount of work and investment in there, £1,600 inc VAT, crank and bearngs would be reasonable IMO.
Rich_T
Dealer

GP Kevo wrote:Tino told me the price for the Misano crankcase is 1,600 Euro and includes mag housing, Supercrank with 120 mm forged conrod, and Varitronic ignition. All together the price is reasonable.
1,600 Euro, even better. I'd buy two (he can keep the Varitronic though)
GP Kevo

I asked him about different rod choices, as I pretty much only trust Japanese conrods, or Rotax. He said that would be up to the buyer (I think he meant that once bought I could do whatever I wanted) though he didn't see the need to use a different rod.

I wish that given a re-design, that they would have given more room in the gearbox end for a 5 or 6 speed gearbox. Now with the Cyclone5 there's space for a 5 speed, but with more space a 6 speed could be developed for it.
carlos fandango

rosscla wrote:Shh...my missus,might read this...and guess what that engine I just finished has cost
£35.00 ? obviously converted into "wife pounds" ;) :D
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Rich_T
Dealer

GP Kevo wrote:I wish that given a re-design, that they would have given more room in the gearbox end for a 5 or 6 speed gearbox. Now with the Cyclone5 there's space for a 5 speed, but with more space a 6 speed could be developed for it.
The restriction of the gear box is not the space for the gears it is the space for the "throw" of the gear selector arm. It is an unavoidable truth that to add more gears into the Lambretta arrangement can only result in thinner gears. To construct a dead stop selector type gearbox (like motorbikes) is not possible as the layout of the Lambretta box is partially inside the rear hub and the space is severely limited.

With powerful engines and wide power-band you don't need multiple thin gears, you need something that holds together with bigger and wider teeth.

I really hope this engine case comes in at the prices indicated, it would save me a whole heap of work.
siobhanellis

Yes, I used the Misano in my North to South. It was the prototype Misano.

I was running a Mugello 185 on it, as the ride required frugality with petrol consumption, not speed.

It did 7000km with no problem in the engine. I had an issue with breaking my collar bone, carb needle wearing out, and exhaust falling off.

Opened up the engine after 7000km, with Tino present, and noticed one thing that will be incorporated into the production machines.

Siobhan
-------------
It's not a bloody vespa!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Very, very nice.

The Targa Twin would still be top of my wish list but this would come in as a nice second place.

Adam
GP Kevo

Ouch, I hope you are recovering well, Siobhan. Any idea when these will make production?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information