Ugly duckling ?

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

Theres not a lot of difference between the before and after photos :? but, i guess thats the point of the rustoration :D

Im still after a couple of bits... headlight rim, grips and the "correct" straight kickstart :D
gerryjunior wrote:well done , i like these scoots , they were very smooth to drive, i recently came across the original screen from that scoot ,,
Oooh got any pics ? i may be interested in it :)
storkfoot wrote:Well done, Russ. I love it. So, is it a GT200 on a standard Motoplat Electronic ignition and crank?
Not yet, i gave the ex port a little tickle and cut the skirt :) i may just go down this route a little further ;) and lightening the flywheel, as they are heavy feckers :)

The good thing with these scoots, is they are relatively cheap, but dont tell everyone , as they'll all want one ;)

The spares are a little hard to come by , but are also relatively cheap :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Russ, they didn't all have those straight kickstarts. Mine was an '83 Lynx 200 and it didn't.

The headlight rims. When I got mine (this was nearly 5 years ago though) the person I got it off in this country had several NOS ones. I think it might have been Perry but I can't quite recall. Maybe worth giving him a call though.

I thought I may have two but, unfortunately, I only have one unused "block type" grip. You are more than welcome to it although, on its own, I can understand that it may be seen as being of no use whatsoever :) .
Last edited by storkfoot on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Russ

Do you mean the round rim for the Lince headlight?
Did you have to do that?
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

Not everyones cup of tea and thats why their thin on the ground as everyone I knew turned them into SX lookalikes.

Personally I like them, Spanish Lambretta's are good scooters and the one's I had gave great service even with standard Motoplat points.

Seeing as your looking to step onto the performance 'slippery slope' with a GT kit, I'd certainly fit a GP crank, then you'll need an Indian electronic kit or maybe BGM.....oh dear its starting to get expensive!!

It should have an Autisa barrel as standard with larger transfers so consider keeping it standard and you'll have a reliable and rare scooter.
carlos fandango

storkfoot wrote:Russ, they didn't all have those straight kickstarts. Mine was an '83 Lynx 200 and it didn't.

The headlight rims. When I got mine (this was nearly 5 years ago though) the person I got it off in this country had several NOS ones. I think it might have been Perry but I can't quite recall. Maybe worth giving him a call though.

I thought I may have two but, unfortunately, I only have one unused "block type" grip. You are more than welcome to it although, on its own, I can understand that it may be seen as being of no use whatsoever :) .
This is an 84 and the kickstart looks like a modified indian s2 one ? its not an urgent change, ill just keep my eyes out for one :)

Yes, Perry had some NOS ones i noticed about a year ago, but at the time i wasnt in a hurry to get one , and really, an old one would suit it better.

Ive been looking to see if i could find out what the grips looked like, but cant find a decent pic, so if you could send me a pic of it, that would be great , thanks. Im not to bothered about getting the exact ones , as im sure they used different ones over time, just some that look right :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

DigDug wrote:Russ

Yes, the round rim , chrome i think ? it has a tab on each side :)
carlos fandango

carlos fandango

barnsleybilly wrote:
Seeing as your looking to step onto the performance 'slippery slope' with a GT kit, I'd certainly fit a GP crank, then you'll need an Indian electronic kit or maybe BGM.....oh dear its starting to get expensive!!

It should have an Autisa barrel as standard with larger transfers so consider keeping it standard and you'll have a reliable and rare scooter.
No its going to be a cast iron barrel for the foreseable future ( ive got a TS and RB :) ) and the aim is to keep the motoplat ignition as its a good system, unfortunately it an li taper :( .... the idea is a mile munching plodder................but we all like to go, just a little bit faster lol

I thought the autisa barrel was the 125 models , albeit with the 200 block ?
lockman69

Russ, I got 3 years and a good few miles from my Motoplat...good starter and good lights, stage 4 proved to much for it in the end and sheared bugger off....
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

carlos fandango wrote:

PM me your details and it is yours. :)
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information