Rotax 300 builld

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
ArmandTanzarian

To quote the late Ian Dury, "There ain't 'alf been some clever b@5t@rds".
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
coaster

10 inch Terror wrote:You sir are a very clever man. :idea:
I have to agree, your attention to detail is amazing. The re-engineering of the gear selector mechanism is astonishing although probably not fair to knock the original design. It was intended for a machine for everyday transport and cheap and easy roadside repair. I'm suspecting the with fixed ends on those cables, changing them will be a lot harder?? If not, put them on sale and stand back for the stampede 8-)
Please keep the pictures coming, I lick the Dzus fasteners as well ;)
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Engineers rock!

Thanks for making the penny drop with the Dzus fasteners - been mulling that over on and off for some time. :!:
Did you have to do that?
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Wow, thanks guys! I actually copied the gear selector's original specs so I think the design is spot on, I just refined it by making it much more complicated than it ever needed to be! :mrgreen:

Changing the cables is pretty simple really as it only requires loosening of the nut that holds the rod end in place and then loosening the collet from the rod end. Cable then slides right out. No tiny allen wrenches needed, just a couple standard open ended wrenches. Been thinking about knocking out some kind of kit but unsure if there's a demand for such a thing. What ya think?
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

you can just cross drill and secure the cable inside the threaded portion of the rod end joint, I used this for my gear change setup on my build, and have used they same method for handbrake cables on custom cars and trikes

I drill and tap the body of the rod end, in two places from opposite directions, then use grub screws that finish flush or close to flush with the body of the rod end, keeps things tidy

cables not adjusted properly in pics but should give the idea if my description doesnt

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
shocky

RManson wrote:Wow, thanks guys! I actually copied the gear selector's original specs so I think the design is spot on, I just refined it by making it much more complicated than it ever needed to be! :mrgreen:

Changing the cables is pretty simple really as it only requires loosening of the nut that holds the rod end in place and then loosening the collet from the rod end. Cable then slides right out. No tiny allen wrenches needed, just a couple standard open ended wrenches. Been thinking about knocking out some kind of kit but unsure if there's a demand for such a thing. What ya think?
Id be in for a kit
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
TED CRUD

loving this thread R Mason
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
RManson

Thanks Ted! The positive feedback is awesome!
RManson

Made the hydraulic hoses for the clutch and front brake the other night so the next step was to tackle the reservoirs. Wanted to replace those plastic canisters that the Nissin masters come with so I whipped out these little guys on the lathe....

ImageRotax Lamby build-085 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-084 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-086 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-087 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-088 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-089 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Now I can sort out the anti-dive link for the front disc and make sure the clutch slave cylinder works as I imagined...

Shameless plug to Hotrodlambretta in the background of that last one!
Last edited by RManson on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ducksta

would look good to add another recess and add 2 rings so the cylinder looked like a piston
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information