New Big Block Gran Turismo Kit 200-245cc

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Stampede wrote:Any pics of the finished kit?
I used to put pictures up on the image archive but it isn't letting me do that at the moment. If you want some pictures send me a PM with your email address and I'll fire over everything I have, barrel pictures, install pictures etc.
Rich_T
Dealer

Train Driver wrote:Will this kit run with longer stroke cranks (64mm)
This kit, like the GT186, is designed around 58mm stroke. A quirk of the GT186 is that a change to 60mm stroke was very easy. In the case of the Big Block kit it is also possible (even though the barrel length is a fraction shorter) but you will require a head gasket and possible an extra base gasket (the GT186 did not require the extra base gasket).

To run 64mm cranks is a bit excessive, it could be done but it would be a lot of money for potentially little gain. For example you'd need at least a 110mm rod and 2mm packer. You'd need to run a head gasket to get the squish back and then you'd have to address the port timings with a calculator and die grinder. You'd end up with a square bore/stroke ratio which might be interesting but some far as the statistical distribution use goes you'd be pretty much way off "left field".

The other thing is that to achieve 64mm stroke you'd be using and eccentric pin. How this is executed, with which rod, and how you intend to re-balance the crank (if at all) will have dramatic effects on your build. Critical is the combination of rod big end and eccentric off set. You really do not want undercuts on the crank pin, it is likely to end in catastrophe.
Rich_T
Dealer

mick1 wrote:Looks good. What final gearing is recommended, plus exhaust, carb, timing, etc. Is there a Dyno chart showing what performance is achievable.
As long as you dare. One thing is for sure, on every gearbox you can throw away your 15 tooth primary drive. My hunch is 17/46 on Li150 as a starting point (4.6:1).

I reckon the PHBH30 will be the most popular bank for buck. The Franspeed race is giving the best results at the moment and ignition is 17 degrees BTDC. Devices that only retard ignition are not recommended, heavy flywheels are not recommended, ignitions without pickups are not recommended. As fixed ignitions go the BGM stator with AF light flywheel and Ducatti CDi. For auto advance and retard ignitions the RS125 conversion is recommended.
Birdie
Main scooter: gp200

Looking forward to receiving mine and hope to have it up and running ASAP after Christmas. Going for LHS to keep standard looks with a BGM exhaust (currently out of stock!) and pacemaker gearbox, 58 107 HPC crank - going for a good touring set up.

Thank Rich for all the help

cheers

Keith
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Hi Rich.
Great to see such a well designed and manufactured BRITISH kit coming to the market place. Just you and Ron Moss doing that if I'm not mistaken. Good work chaps! :D

Question:
Is there a piston option available that would allow the use of a 115 or 116 rod (58 stroke) without a big base packer?

Cheers.
SF
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

"Who are you kidding Adam, you sold your kids ages ago for a Westlife CD.", yes, thanks for that, it did turn up in the end so the postie hadn't pinched it as I feared. Unfortunately, my download speed is not good at the moment so we'll have to put our planned Skype dance-off until the connection improves.

Manifolds, thanks for clearing that up.

Adam
Rich_T
Dealer

Spanish Fly wrote:Question:
Is there a piston option available that would allow the use of a 115 or 116 rod (58 stroke) without a big base packer? SF
No, the kit is designed around a 350LC piston. Even if you swapped for a DT175 piston you still need packers. Best rod options are 107 standard or 110 with a 2.5mm packer and a gasket each side. Specific base gaskets and packers for GT kits will be here very shortly.

Rich T
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

NICE………XMAS came early :D 8-) Looking forward to
putting this in a TV200 :shock: REAL GT200 ………….
well done that man AA ++
G
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Looks great, can't wait reading some road test of the kit - will Scootering be testing it…?
Rich_T
Dealer

pictures below:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information