36 BHP rusty nail.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
wax

wax

Help. How do you get pictures from photo bucket up on the forum then chaps? Wax
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
shocky

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
wax

Thanks shocky. How did you do that?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
wax

bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I actually owned that bike a couple of years ago.

Original Bristol registration with Buff logbook. Number retained on a non transferable basis.

Found in a garage in Cornwall and brought back to life by me. How did you come by it?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
wax

I got it from My Mate Dave at Fanatic scooters about 18 months ago. Small world..........
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I brought it back from Cornwall and got it DVLA'd.

Then sold it to Bernie (WSM) as a non runner. He got it on the road, and I think sold it to Fanatic.

Last I saw it was riding round Clifton in Bristol, probably 2 years back?

Obviously hasn't got the same engine............................ :shock:

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
wax

Yes that was me riding it around clifton, with a stupid grin on my face! Looking really pleased with myself. I now live in London, but went to see Dave two weeks ago and rode it down the A4, just after i got it back from JB tuning.
wax

I keep looking on this section of the forum, hoping to see some fresh pictures of scooters that you lot are tinkering with. Then it occurred to me that I could put some pictures of my wreck on here and ‘take part’ instead of just watching.
The TS1 240 engine was originally built by Jerry at Readspeed in 2006. It pumped out 31 BHP back then, on their dyno and felt like a rocket.
I kind of started to loose faith a little after I wrecked the piston on the way to the Isle of Wight last summer though. The scooter just seemed to loose its ‘mojo’ for some reason.
After hearing good things about JB tuning (they look after a mate of mines, Andrew Sharkey’s, group 4 engines), I made the mistake of visiting them for a chat. I had a go on Johns yellow GP TS1 demo bike. It made mine feel like a 50 special in comparison. So there was nothing for it. I rinsed the credit card and went for a lightened flywheel, V Force reeds, Augusto retard unit, Franspeed modified RB exhaust and 7 hours porting work on the barrel!
The scooter produced 24 BHP when it went it, and now it makes a whopping 36.4 BHP at the rear wheel and 22.47 Ft/Ib of torque.
Never has so much money been squandered on something that looks so sh1t. Luckily it goes like stink, and sounds like a chainsaw on steroids. The bodywork is ruff, but this just adds to the surprise when you razz past a car driver, along a country road. People seem to be in one of two camps with regard to the scooter appearance. They either love it, or are just perplexed as to why I don’t restore it. Personally, I think it would loose its charter and probably just get pinched.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information