rubber for exhaust bracket

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fred

Hello all,the rubber washers that fit between my expansion chamber(nk),and crankcase bracket have fallen apart. What alternatives could i use? I was thinking of grinding some jl bushes down.
cheers,fred
DMC

fred wrote:Hello all,the rubber washers that fit between my expansion chamber(nk),and crankcase bracket have fallen apart. What alternatives could i use? I was thinking of grinding some jl bushes down.
cheers,fred
you got a photo of what you need Fred? or where it needs to fit.
fred

It's where the expansion bolts to the crankcase side bracket, with the 2 m8 bolts. I've ordered some nylon bar. I'll cut it to size and drill it. Can't find heat resistant rubber.
How's it going dug?
DMC

Not bad Fred,i'm still p1551ing about with engines.

The reason i asked for a photo is I had a NK on my Suzuki 225 for years and the original swan neck spacers fell to bits the morning of a rally and the only thing I had in the shed that was rubber was an inner tube. So I cut out two pieces that matched the swan neck profile and they were on up till last year when I put the RB engine in.

The exhaust never cracked or came loose so might be worth a look if your stuck mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information