electrics li special

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chez
Main scooter: li150 special

got a strange problem with electrics hope one of the resident wizards can help, start scooter no lights position 1 on key, position 2 side lights and speedo light works, position 3 main lights no speedo illumination, had look at stickys book diagrams show black wire from switch joins black wire from speedo bulb and black from loom same as mine stumped as to why light goes out any ideas much appreciated cheers chez :?: :|
chez

it may seem trivial problem but as ride at night quite often it does bug me, maybe a bit more info? casa ignition switch? led rear light? led speedo and side light? cant imagine how any of the parts would affect at a loss really help please :? :? :?
Dimitrios_231

What is your problem?
You don't have speedo light at position 3?
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

[quote="chez"]got a strange problem with electrics hope one of the resident wizards can help, start scooter no lights position 1 on key, position 2 side lights and speedo light works, position 3 main lights no speedo illumination, had look at stickys book diagrams show black wire from switch joins black wire from speedo bulb and black from loom same as mine stumped as to why light goes out any ideas much appreciated cheers chez :?: :|[/quote
Follow the black wire from the tail light up into the handlebars and then join the speedo black wire to this (best way to describe it if electrics aren't your thing )

Dean
chez

thanks wintermodel150 your comment made me think, maybe black wire not constant from rear light and fault could be at rubber covered junction box will investigate further cheers.
dimitrios_231 yes the problem is driving in the dark with no speedo as position three is main lights.
thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information