Allstyles Scooters

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

I was going to let this be out of pure humanity, since ASS seemed so good at digging their own grave while proving my point.

But I still want to underline that my unhappiness with ASS isn't regarding a lost package or not, but rather the general bad customer care, ignorant service, poor attitude and lack of response when there is a problem. I asked fitting advice a year ago about some Lambretta spares I bought - no answer as of today (but fortunately a Scooterworks were able to advice). My return package (which I paid extra for having delivered before 1pm next day but which took 7 days to arrive) was lost and I tried to call someone called Gary, who had handled the order, daily for 2 weeks but he was never in, never returning the calls. When I took it over mail instead it took over 2 months to give me an answer other than "Sorry havent received it bye.".

The final question I have now when now when communications are established is to enquire about the 20% deduction on orders as a "handling fee", as well as the "minimum postage charge". The prior shouldn't be legal and the second if not else moves in the grey zones of decency and honesty...

Allstyle Scooters "Handling fee" by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr
nelson pk

Guys, look........vote with your feet. If you don't like dealing with someone don't deal with them. Simple.
I can understand your frustrations as you feel you've had a duff deal but it it happens and you don't go back if you feel like that.
What i cannot bear is this mentality of slagging businesses off openly on a forum when you have PERSONAL issues regarding your dealings with them. It's so easy to go off slagging and slandering a business off on the internet because there are no repercussions to the slanderer even if they are completely wrong! (not saying here who is right or wrong).
If you don't like dealing with them and their policies which are clearly stated, don't deal anymore!
Do you realise the amounts of threats businesses (scooter related or not) get with "i'll slag off you off on the forum if you don't give me my money back" or " i'll tell everyone how crap you are if i don't get my way!"
It happens in my business and quite frankly it's cowardly. There is the phone if your not happy or a sales of goods act if you want to go that far, you know.
My attitude to moaners who use these threats now is, f@@k off and slag us off then because the internet is full of s**t that people take no notice of.
Not being personal to anyone here.....its just a mentality that has arisen since the internet has got so big and it has to stop.
Come on guys, lets be sensible.
victor

nelson pk wrote:...My attitude to moaners who use these threats now is, f@@k off and slag us off then because the internet is full of s**t that people take no notice of.
Not being personal to anyone here.....its just a mentality that has arisen since the internet has got so big and it has to stop.
Come on guys, lets be sensible.
I don't think you can get away with the fact that living in the 21st century, the world is becoming increasingly small and social media is one of the most important marketing channels these days.

You can like it or not, but the fact is that they offer an important opportunity for both customers as well as companies to express their opinions and concerns in a quick, cheap, direct and open way.

There are companies that are very good at using Social Media as marketing platform to leverage their brand equity and there are others which are less so.

However, both sides are offered equal opportunities and can meet accusations (which you chose to call "threats") on the same level.

Article for further understanding of the connected world: Why socially toxic Ryanair must change tactics

Another social media disaster: Odeon complaint generates over 120k Likes and 10k comments in 4 days

And one on how brands can leverage the outcome of social media by having a plan and dealing with customers in an intelligent way: O2 Tweets a Primer on Dealing with Rude Customers

I doubt neither of the two of you will read this but really encourage it.

Cheers V
nelson pk

Good luck to you Victor but internet forums is not the place to resolve personal disputes you have with your business.
Unfortunately in reality and most cases it does seem that the most unreasonable customers are the ones that use this ploy.
If you have genuinely been wronged, i do sympathise but my point was, the customer who generally slags off businesses on the internet is the one that businesses don't really want to deal with anymore because they are the sort of being most unreasonable and a lot of the time abusive on the telephone when they don't get their way and wonder why the business won't speak to them anymore.
I'm not saying you are like this as i do not know you and i'm sure your pretty reasonable.
I wish you the best of luck with your issue and hope you pick up the phone to the company to try and sort it out or a trading body if you feel there are "legal issues" like you have stated but screaming about it on here probably isn't the right thing to do.
Best of luck.

p.s My other post was a bit of a rant as my emotions to tend to run high on this issue so it probably came across a bit stronger than intended. Apologies for that.
victor

nelson pk wrote:...i'm sure your pretty reasonable.
I am indeed :)
nelson pk wrote:I .. hope you pick up the phone to the company to try and sort it out...
That would have been easy if ASS replied when customers called... Have you read through this thread, as that would have been obvious? I couldn't care less about £40 but I am irritated by customer service and attitude of ASS, and have been sharing this with fellow scooterists. I'm sure you agree that is something positive, as it would be should the case have been ScootRS or eBay vendors, right?
nelson pk wrote:...or a trading body if you feel there are "legal issues" like you have stated...
I suppose you are saying deducting a 20% handling fee on returned goods is legal? Some info that you might be interested in The UK's Distance Selling Regulations:
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 wrote:On the cancellation of a contract, any sum paid by the consumer must be repaid as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of cancellation. The full price paid for the goods must be refunded and this includes the cost of delivery of the goods to the consumer.
Just to clear any doubts...
nelson pk wrote:... but screaming about it on here probably isn't the right thing to do... My other post was a bit of a rant as my emotions to tend to run high on this issue so it probably came across a bit stronger than intended. Apologies for that.
Of course apologies are accepted, but at the same time I read between the lines that I should be a unique case of an obstinate and difficult customer and that I should be "screaming" about the issue. That is not the case at all and I'm currently only replying politely and reasonable, without any cursing as many other members defending ASS take to, to the posts that keep coming in. Also, if you take time to read through the thread you'll see:

1. I didn't start the thread and;
2. I'm not the only one having had issues with the named company.

I'm not sure really in where your interest in this lies as you do not seem to be affiliated or have any experiences, good as well as bad, with the company in question, but I might be wrong here...
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Nelson mel....I think my question is a legitimate question as to why it costs more to deliver to me that it does to return using identical posting systems. Raymondo tells us he's the manager and doesnt deal with all areas and that's fair enough. Raymondo when I say couriers I mean royal mail dhl etc not sure I know what new vat system on delivery raymondo mentioned ? As I understand VAT your turnover goes past a certain amount then you register and 20% is added onto the bill. Delivery companies worth there salt will be VAT registered.

I agree with mel when it's said scoot rs make some decent parts, I use the tubeless rims personally cause they are steel and think the new alloy ones will oval quickly if a wheel nut comes loose....and that Randall comes on forums without using his brain gets into slagging matches and looks a total c@*t when he can't answer intelligently.....so like it or not forums won't be going anyway any time soon. Also opinions are like Virginas ever other c@*t has one :roll:
signrik
Main scooter: lambbretta li125/200

If you google "Allstyles Scooters" this thread is on page 2 I recon if it carries on it will make page 1
If I was about to buy something of Allstyles Scooters and googled them first would this thread improve the chances of a sale?
victor

signrik wrote:If you google "Allstyles Scooters" this thread is on page 2 I recon if it carries on it will make page 1
If I was about to buy something of Allstyles Scooters and googled them first would this thread improve the chances of a sale?
Interesting, thanks for pointing that out Signrik. It's now on page 1 and the phenomena in digital marketing is called "Trending"...

Someone so intelligently proposed "vote with your feets" and I believe this thread is beginning to achieve just that...
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Andy Pickering wrote:What is skates? Is this a south coast issue lol..Harry as a lot to answer for :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
A "skate" is a term that Pompey civvies used to call matelot's (RN personnel).
Did you have to do that?
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Ah at last lol..just like we call across the humber folk codheads :lol:

I'm gonna get it now :cool:

Anyway on this topic...a forum is not really the place for all this is it now..as someone mentions dont want another scootrs debacle do we..as I said earlier if your not happy with a dealer ring him and tell him..if he won't speak to you or return your calls pop in to see him/ see him at a rally or just don't buy from him anymore..

Let it be now please as WE don't stand for personal attacks on other members so leave it off the forum please..

:|

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information