super monza

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Chris CSPE wrote:A jap blueprinted engine is the hole engine, gaining power from every part of it. Wot will matter is how the hole engine is built and port timings and compression checked when building it. Id have thought that CE biggest concern is how the hole package is put together seeing as everybody's capabilities differ. Two motors with the same speck can be totally different all depending on how it's built blueprinted barrel or not.
Hopefully this hole engine doesn't come with a hole.
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Soosh, sorry , it was late, I was tiered ........I'm just digging a hole arent i :lol:
nelson pk

Oh god.............
Right, you blueprint the barrel and head.................so thats your port timings and compression and squish sorted.
You are only advised to use the ultimate crank which i think you'll find will have been already balanced for the super monza piston......thats why its bloody expensive.
You are then advised to use ultimate varitronic specifically set at 19 degrees accurately.
You are advised that ports from casing must be blended accurately to ports on barrel.
You are also advised that this is not a simple bolt on! DO NOT try if you believe you are not compotent to carry out ALL modifications.
How much preciseness do you want! That is why the jetting and set up on all these engines should end up a Gnats cock away from each other. If you cock up when putting it together as with any kit (lets face it, no kit out there really is bolt on and jet to these specs and you'll be fine) your on your own.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Chris CSPE wrote:Soosh, sorry , it was late, I was tiered ........I'm just digging a hole arent i :lol:
Mate,i looked at my post and saw i made a spelling mistake,adjusted quick before anyone saw.
:)
nelson pk

I must agree though that ability to put the engine together correctly (taking into account deck height etc) is crucial and with the modifications that need to be done to the cylinder studs etc i would be inclined to put that in the hands of a very experienced engine builder.
I dont think this is designed for plug and play.
I do all my own work on my engines at the moment like most on here but i'm ok with admitting that when you look at ALL the mods i would be inclined at least to get the casings matched to the barrel by an experienced tuner and the deck height of my casings checked with the barrel attached and the mag flange mod and cylinder stud mod done by an experienced tuner.
Diablo
Dealer

This thread is getting really boring
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Diablo wrote:This thread got really boring a few pages ago
i agree.

Too many axes being ground.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information