super monza

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooterslag

Hmmmm interesting thread indeed, digging that Porsche lump 8-) all very top spec for me, I'll just go back to my points ignition and cast Iron cylinder ;)
The mack daddy on the left!
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Right after the confusion I decided to talk to Charley.

Here is the spec of the two kits listed on Cam Lam's site.

Both are 'blueprinted'. This means all barrels go to Charley. They are hand finished-ie any cast marks removed. Both are 'put to spec' in case of manufacturing intolerances to his original design. This includes port heights/angles and radii.

Kit 1 the cheaper kit is designated the "Factory" kit. This version is the tour version.This is what went to Spain for the 6hr. So you DO get a hand finished barrel thats at correct specification.

Kit 2 the more expensive one is designated the "Works" kit. Its again blueprinted as above with some extra work to the reed and exhaust port. It also has a mod to the base transfer gasket face which compliments a bottom end/casing tune he can offer . It comes with a coated piston and diferent rings.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
warts
Main scooter: honda

Thanks Tony.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:f****n 'ell...................what a carry on :roll:
Exactly.
It's difficult putting a point of view across to someone who is always right. :roll:
It's nice to know that some things dont change though...Charley is still using his hands 8-)
nelson pk

Thanks for the info Tony. Very good that both kits are blueprinted!
It seems that most people on here do not understand why blueprinting is applied. I bet you will find that it is only Charlie and from what i've heard Ron Moss that blueprint every kit.
Lets put this into perspective:

Some people who ride Jap factory race style two strokes PAY to have their bikes blueprinted. The reason for this is that no matter how good the casting process and manufacturing process is you will always get fractional differences from engine to engine. Now it is fractional but to make it work EXACTLY like Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki intended each bike engine would have to be checked over with a fine toothcomb (so to speak) and this would put the manufacturing cost through the roof so they dont bother. They work ok so they leave them as they are.
That is why bike tuners offer a bluprinting service.......cleaning and chanfering ports, checking port heights and angles, head volume and compression ratio.

Looking at the likes of Porsche, ferrari etc i would bet that each component is hand finished from the casting process as you are paying a bloody fortune for parts and the vehicles in the first place!!!

How many other kits out there for the Lambretta have been blueprinted for exact tolerences? TS1 , RB, Rapido , Casa, Stage 4 Indian (yeah right! Lol!), Mugello? I very much doubt it!

I'm not up anyones backside but this is one reason i like what is being done with this kit. You are getting a premium product that has been checked over meticulously.
nelson pk

My point is..........if Jap bike manufacturers (Yam, Suzuki, Kawa) cannot make their engines exact every time from a casting process...........who can?
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

The person you buy from.Others too have been doing this for years,they just dont have anyone shouting for them.
nelson pk

Ummmmmm......dont quite get that.........so your saying Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki now blueprint their engines and if you buy a bolt on kit from anyone its blueprinted and you dont have to pay extra for that?
Are you saying that bolt on TS1's (as good as they are out of the box) are all blueprinted and you wouldn't have to pay a tuner to blueprint one for you?
What was the bit in scootering about Jb tuning blueprinting the casa kit all about then? (No i'm not going to look through them all and find out what issue it was!).
Its not about shouting for someone, i'm not a mate of his or anything but its about getting the facts right on what blueprinting actually is!
shocky

nelson pk wrote:Thanks for the info Tony. Very good that both kits are blueprinted!
It seems that most people on here do not understand why blueprinting is applied. I bet you will find that it is only Charlie and from what i've heard Ron Moss that blueprint every kit.
Lets put this into perspective:

Some people who ride Jap factory race style two strokes PAY to have their bikes blueprinted. The reason for this is that no matter how good the casting process and manufacturing process is you will always get fractional differences from engine to engine. Now it is fractional but to make it work EXACTLY like Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki intended each bike engine would have to be checked over with a fine toothcomb (so to speak) and this would put the manufacturing cost through the roof so they dont bother. They work ok so they leave them as they are.
That is why bike tuners offer a bluprinting service.......cleaning and chanfering ports, checking port heights and angles, head volume and compression ratio.

Looking at the likes of Porsche, ferrari etc i would bet that each component is hand finished from the casting process as you are paying a bloody fortune for parts and the vehicles in the first place!!!

How many other kits out there for the Lambretta have been blueprinted for exact tolerences? TS1 , RB, Rapido , Casa, Stage 4 Indian (yeah right! Lol!), Mugello? I very much doubt it!

I'm not up anyones backside but this is one reason i like what is being done with this kit. You are getting a premium product that has been checked over meticulously.
im sure if you buy any kit to anyone of the engine tuners they will blueprint it its just not offered as standard id bet most home engine builders like myself do this any way i always match and flow everything ,
most other cylinder kits arnt offered with a carb and pipe but if you supply those to a dealer he will match/blueprint it for you
iv worked in the extrusion press industry for 26 yrs on and of ( with pressures above 90,000 psi) we have to blueprint everything the same as gas and oil in pipes and flanges to me its just good engineering practice
the bit about the jap 2 t engines is a bit random most will think thats obvious really im sure lambretta and vespa could be applied there infact anything mechanical the proddy race series bikes were supplied so that the individual could take the engine to the tuner of there choice to get any extra power or power characteristics from there machine that they wanted . the lighter rider maybe be happy with power higher up the rev range the bigger riders need power lower down
its a shame some dealers cant even supply there own products with the correct bore clearance or without tapered barrels
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

well ..to get back on track

how do they perform?? ..we will just have to wait and see ....

but in time i might be able to give you some answers myself ...we will see ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information