Enhancing mugello

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
suedehead
Main scooter: vespa

Got a 225 mugello,28mm delorto,lth reedvalve,franspeed race exhaust,lightened af flywheel and stator and august box,goes great all the way from bottom through to 75mph,but cant help thinking what else can i tinker with :baddevil: without blowing it up of course-any ideas?
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

is the barrel actually ported?
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Have you cut holes in the skirt of the piston since you fitted the reed?

You could get probably get more top-end if you took the LTH reed off, but that might not be what you want. Actually, what more do you want?
Martin
coaster

I have to agree with Knowledge, if that is a GPS measured 75mph then I'd leave well alone. If not already done, holes I'n piston skirt, additional transfer cut from inlet to level with top o transfers, open inlet port up as big as possible without allowing ring ends to project into port, raise and widen the exhaust. With the exception of the exhaust port, I have done all that to my 225 Indian kit but it tops out at 67 GPS :|
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

suedehead wrote:Got a 225 mugello,28mm delorto,lth reedvalve,franspeed race exhaust,lightened af flywheel and stator and august box,goes great all the way from bottom through to 75mph,but cant help thinking what else can i tinker with :baddevil: without blowing it up of course-any ideas?
I don't know if my Reaper tuned 225 Muggy would have done any better than that.

I'd be happy enough with that on mine.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

what ever u do dont buy a vapour speedo or sat nav it u b even more pissed off lol
suedehead

Thanks for the advice, no porting work or holes cut in piston,runs reliable,starts easily-revs like a bike quiqkly through gears-did 75 on dyno with 18bhp-i have a vapor speedometer on it-wouldnt mind a little more top end but not at the expense of losing the bottom grunt-someone did say to me leave it as its fine as it is,tinker with it and you,ll make it unreliable-just wondered what the options were for different types of increased performance 8-)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

eerm ,75 on the dyno does not mean 75 mph on the road does it ?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
suedehead

no it dosnt but before dyno it went fast enough to top lambretta speedometer which i know is no great guide,ill have to see what the vapor says when im feeling daring
cezeta

i have a similar spec engine, 12.5bhp with a clubman and 16 with a kegra race pipe.

the mugello is not pitched at being much more than this and in my mind i would stop spending on a slow kit to make it faster and just buy a faster kit.

there are a few that are binning ts1s for a more "standard ride" so a barrel swap would be what i would be looking at.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information