Reverse cone with VW silencer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Furious George

I had one of these in the 80's on a GP 200 and did not think it too loud (but louder was better in those days 8-) ). I am thinking of getting a new one to stick on a GP175 as I like the look.
Is anyone out there running one and do the neighbours/Feds/MOT folk object, are they louder than I remember?

cheers

FG
Charlie don't surf
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I like to be able to hear my exhausts but my VW was way too loud for me :(
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
jackpot

i could never keep the baffles in mine,i was forever changing the tail pipe,but they still sound rather nice
ON MY SCOOT OR NOT AT ALL
kelly

i had one a few years ago the more i use the bike the louder the exhaust
got , its a cracking looking exhaust but it had to go .
it passed a mot but the bike shop where i take my bike has done lambrettas for donkeys years
and was /is a vespa dealer
Muttley McLadd

Mine is quieter than a JL4.
CakeAndArseParty
joespeed

in the mid seventies before the vw tail pipe era,when i left work my mam used start to get my tea ready,the bloody clubman had no baffles or wadding in it the local bobby used to pull me for chat and wanted to know why it was so quick he couldn't catch me with his vellocette but he used to radio his mate to tug me in the next village,never did me though,'the good ole days'
regards
joe
Furious George

Cheers for the replies.
I think I will go for it. I can always stick a standard one on for the M.O.T. :roll:

Old Skool :D

FG
Charlie don't surf
Furious George

joespeed wrote:in the mid seventies before the vw tail pipe era,when i left work my mam used start to get my tea ready,the bloody clubman had no baffles or wadding in it the local bobby used to pull me for chat and wanted to know why it was so quick he couldn't catch me with his vellocette but he used to radio his mate to tug me in the next village,never did me though,'the good ole days'
regards
joe
Used to get pulled over most days back in the 80's (not just with the reverse cone clubman on) just to give you a 'producer'. I think my record was being stopped 100yds front my front door, after setting out. Like you say "the good ole days" :D

FG
Charlie don't surf
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

They are so loud that your mates will all be desperate to get in front of you so you'll need a fast bike to keep up.
coaster

Furious George wrote:
joespeed wrote:Used to get pulled over most days back in the 80's (not just with the reverse cone clubman on) just to give you a 'producer'. I think my record was being stopped 100yds front my front door, after setting out. Like you say "the good ole days" :D
FG
My record was 3 'producers' in one night, never carried my docs with me in case they got wet :roll: on one occation the desk sargent at Ipswich police station said "hang on a minute" and ran his finger down the entries on both of the open pages in his book whilst muttering " Jenkins, Jenkins, Jenkins (at least 4 or 5 times) havn't they got anything better to do than to stop you? Later when I thought about those 2 pabes couldn't have spanned more than say 24 hours in a busy Nick like that and on that occation it had been a week or 2 since my last producer :?

Many years later my younger brother who was always ridding illegally on his mates bike told me he used to borrow my docs and that he got pulled several timews a night :shock: He also admitted borrowing my shirts and putting tham back in the wardrobe after the little fecker :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information