Uk dealer announced for cyclone 5speed gearbox

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

id say this is very good imo extra 8 mph in top nearly 85mph for std ts1 just by putting in 5 speed box and thats without the other added plus of lower reving and it staying in the poweband the most i ever got out my bolt on ts1 was 74mph and that was on flat road with no wind
Mel K

Anyone else fitted one and has it transformed their engine? Please.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

rbgaz wrote: the other added plus of lower reving and it staying in the poweband
dats why I questioned the thread a jl3 that's still in the power and at them revs :?: dats a remarkable achievement an on a untooched TS ta boot; think I wants one fur me tooned 150 shud push 70 with them geers,
muppet,
C’est la vie
soullad
Dealer

Its not a like for like comparison, don't take the figures that literally, note the N.B. from the poster ...................

NB. Both ‘before and after’ tests were carried out on the same stretch of road. The difference of 500rpm at top speed was simply because with the ‘Cyclone 5 Speed’ gearbox fitted, the scooter entered the power band much, much quicker and therefore produced more revs in the same given distance.

The top speed figure is misleading because the cyclone 5 bike achieved nearly 500 rpm more. I dare say if they hadn't run out of road, and it had a power delivery that was capable of pulling that 4th gear, that the standard four geared scoot might have achieved approx 80 / 81mph at the same revs, i.e. the difference between 4.82 gearing and 4.71 gearing.
The top speed isn't the beauty of this new box thou, its the fact that you'll be better able to match gearbox and road speeds, so be better able to stay in the powerband, which hopefully means a longer lasting, better performing motor.
This new gearbox will not give you more HP, but it'll allow what HP you have to be used more efficiently.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I ordered mine this afternoon, Stu said hes nearly sold out his allocated gearboxes so be quick if you want one
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

just had a very good chat with Stuart, and after i've convinced other half , i'll definately be placing an order either in this batch or very next 1
harpo

how much will a 5 speed box set you back
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

£600
jonny wadd
Xbox live gamer tag: swingin meeet
Main scooter: lambretta gp200 electronic

Jon did you get the kit with or without the 5 speed handlebar changer when do you plan to fit it...
milf hunter
Train Driver

rapido230 wrote:just had a very good chat with Stuart, and after i've convinced other half , i'll definately be placing an order either in this batch or very next 1
Keep it quiet or keep this handy http://www.divorce.co.uk/divorce-advise ... in-norwich :lol: :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information