No power??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Daggs

Another thing to check is the breather hole in the petrol cap.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

internal drilling in carb blocked?

Strip down carb again and blow through every hole/ drilling with an air line

rebuild as per earlier jet sizes me and Daggs gave you and try again

Check timing in degrees using a timing wheel etc

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
muffster
Xbox live gamer tag: muffinator233
Main scooter: LI 125 S3

The fuel cap is brand new and clear of any blockages.
Ok, just tweaked the timing using a disc and set it to 19 deg and strobed it. There wasn't much difference between 19 deg and 30mm for the firing point but i had to move the stator a fair bit to get the arrow on the flywheel to line up.
It kicked up fine but again has no power. Ist gear full throttle just to get it 20 yards up the road.
I've just come in to make a brew so i'll go back out and put the original main, pilot and atomizer back in and see what happens!
djh66
Main scooter: 150 special

Muffster, can you see the petrol in you fuel line? If so, is it full of fuel, with no air bubbles? If you have air in the line it will restrict the fuel flow dramatically, it will tickover ok, but when under load will just cut out.
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
muffster

djh66.
Thats something i looked at. i've been using a filter and clear fuel pipe. Yesterday i squirted some carb cleaner around to check for air leaks and i could see it creeping into the fuel pipe which would suggest a leak. Fitted some jubilee clip and it seemed to cure it, but the scoot still ran really badly.

So, all original jets replaced, there was loads of crap in the bowl so i put the filter back on, started fine but it even make it to the end of the driveway before it cut out.
Next,back in with larger jet & atomizer and...now i can't even start it!!! :wtf: (it had been starting perfectly with larger jets)
Now i am completly lost.
Any offers what to do next?

F#@~@ng scooter!
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

use a dummy tank without a filter to supply clean fuel and see how that works;
If all fails just pour the remaining fuel over scooter light it and stand well back,

muppet
C’est la vie
djh66

muffster wrote:djh66.
Thats something i looked at. i've been using a filter and clear fuel pipe. Yesterday i squirted some carb cleaner around to check for air leaks and i could see it creeping into the fuel pipe which would suggest a leak. Fitted some jubilee clip and it seemed to cure it, but the scoot still ran really badly.

So, all original jets replaced, there was loads of crap in the bowl so i put the filter back on, started fine but it even make it to the end of the driveway before it cut out.
Next,back in with larger jet & atomizer and...now i can't even start it!!! :wtf: (it had been starting perfectly with larger jets)
Now i am completly lost.
Any offers what to do next?

F#@~@ng scooter!
If it's an in-line filter, take it out!
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
muffster

It is an in line filter mate, i tried it without it fitted, unfortunalty no difference.

'If all fails just pour the remaining fuel over scooter light it and stand well back,'
Not a bad idea, at least i'll be warm.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,have you ever thought it might be an electrical problem and not a fuel problem?just a thought :wtf:

Dean
djh66

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:Hi,have you ever thought it might be an electrical problem and not a fuel problem?just a thought :wtf:

Dean
There might be a wire earthing, in the headset?
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information