Lectron Carbs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Matty

156 D wrote:.......i think Dan , it is you that has missed MY point.....i am not arguing but "black is black" and you having the ability to turn my words or thoughts inside out due to your journalistic training or whatever.....i never mentioned "willander" at all and i can read..... i was talking about your post where he asked if you had any Lectron set-up info and this is what you said......

"We didnt find that to be the case when we dynoed the race bike back-2-back.

Plus Lectron parts are more scarce in UK, and more expensive, and less set-up data is available.

There's nothing about a Lectron that makes it worth the extra expense for either the carb or the spares against a Mikuni"

..........and that is all you said as you have never tested it properly, you said you was going to, and it went on for weeks just before this new site opened so therefore you cannot generalise as you have about a Lectron.....if "willander" or other scooter owners did live at high altitudes and stayed up there they still wouln`t have to have a Lectron would they as the carb. they use would be jetted to suit but the advantages would be seen if he had a Lectron and then he drove all the way down to the beach at sea level as it would adjust the mixture without him even knowing.......i have read a lot about the Americans using the Lectron and preferring it to others, they too can have Mikuni`s but a lot of the racers don`t .......a fact also...........

....a wealth of parts here......http://www.datafan.com/

....and here.....http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/

Or maybe people like to make their own choice instead of having it rammed down their throats.
willwander

Thanks,
I already have the Lectron (you can't get cheaper than that), had it on the scoot for years, very happy with it.
There may be better carbs, I'm not in a position to say, anyway I suppose it's a personal choice.
I was mearly wondering what rods you were using and where you got them from, I'm currently using a 4-1.
Parts are available and faily easy to obtain either direct from Lectron in US or from FastByGast.com also in US.
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information