Cargo 'pants'

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Stevie W
Main scooter: lAMBRETTA gp200

I'm sure that you will find them great value for the money, let us know your thoughts and I'll pass them on , the next time I pop in there.
shep
Main scooter: li125 ser3

EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

They arrived yesterday. I can do a full review if anyone wants one. I'm initially impressed, I must say.
They fit very well, and feel very comfortable, even with the armour in. I ordered a long pair (I wear 34inch long Levi's) and they are plenty long enough.
The Kevlar is pretty generous and much thicker than I've seen in other jeans. It covers your backside down to halfway down the back of your thigh; there's a 2 or 3 inch wide strip down the hips and on the front of the legs between about mid thigh and mid shin. The bottom of the legs has that mesh stuff you find on the inside of decent waterproofs. I guess this is to allow it to slide over boots?
The armour fits into pockets that are Velcro'd closed. This is more fiddly than I was expecting. I guess it may be possible you could pull the armour out without taking the trousers off, but it looks difficult. The trousers are supplied with two knee pads and two hip pads.
The fit is spot on. I ordered a 36" waist size and they were exactly 36". As an example, I have some 36" levi's that are a bit too big and they actually measure 38".
Side pockets are closed with Velcro, and there are two pockets on the front and two patch pockets on the rear.
The fabric is pretty thick, with a slight sheen. Very black.
The only reservation I have is that they are pretty generous around the ankle. They look OK with boots on (doc style), but I'm not sure how much wind is going to blow up the leg....
For fifty quid they are incredible value for money, I think. Haven't tried sliding down the road in them and I don't intend to. Time will tell how they stand up to wear and tear.

In addition I bought Ms EddieStone a pair of ladies Kevlar jeans. She's a size 8 so I was interested to see how they looked with the armour, and I was quite impressed. The obviously don't look as good as her normal jeans, but I've seen worse. These came with armour as well, with Kevlar in the same places as the cargo's. I bough normal leg length and they are about 3 inches too long, but should look fine when she wears her high heels! She's pretty happy with them and reckons they are comfortable. Perhaps most importantly they look warm. I bought these mainly for the Kevlar - when she's pillion I don't ride as far, as fast or as recklessly as I do on my own. As long as it reduces the risk of a skin graft, I'll be happy.

Anyway, thanks for the tip off. I'm very impressed with this stuff. Two pairs of Kevlar jeans with hip and knee armour for 90 quid delivered. Bargain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information