Li type engine mounts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Shuggie

what's the best Li type engine mounts to fit? Its for a Spanish Li150 , only ones I can see online are Casa ones and Scooter Restorations have NOS Spanish one in , will the rubber have perished on the NOS ones? cheers
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Most people replace the small engine mounts(silent blocks)with the larger type silent blocks to cut the vibration down.I have changed the small silent blocks on my series 2 for a double one on the kickstart side and a large GP type on the other side.http://www.torbaylambretta.co.uk/Engine ... 24078.aspx
Last edited by HxPaul on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

You can just fit any li parts they don't have to be Spanish li I thought the same with my Spanish li about 2years ago all parts fit Image here's my 68 Spanish li150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Bit of a thread hijack, but are the GP mounts significantly better than the Li ones? I should change my Li ones, but not sure whether the GP ones make much difference?
There seems to be more choice in GP ones than Li ones.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

bit of a trade off IMO. The original "short" mounts hold the engine firmer in the frame thus helping handling, but can transmit vibration. They do seem very long lasting though.

The "long " mounts are supposed to reduce vibration but do allow the engine to flex more in its position thus affecting handling. Some remade long mounts are very harsh and some don't last.

You pays your money etc!!

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information