BGM V3 Stator Low Readings.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Ok more so out of curiosity really than any other reason and while the rest of my engine is with Harry I decided to do the stator plate test as per the Stickys manual. White to red=65 instead of the recommended 95-120 ohm. White to green=318 rather than the recommended 450-540 ohm.
Is it time to start worrying?

And without wanting to spend on the cassatronic system or the Aprilia conversion just at the moment what would be regarded as a better or indeed the best stator plate? AF, latest version BGM, eBay special etc etc?

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so don't mind fitting new coils/pickup to the one I have but don't want to spend on BGM parts if they only last this long (10 months) did someone say Vespa parts are better? And will fit?
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Id check red and green to stator plate 1st and components to see if wire has break or earth tag loose. if all fails go vespa parts or go for the ve stator which seems to be alot better than most on market from my experience.
Scooterdude

Thanks for the reply but what are the specific Vespa parts I need? Also what's a VE stator? (Sorry I've only been into scooters a few months)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

coaster

Anton Tambs on Face Book will re-furb your stator to better than new, the guy is an electronic genius and id on the brink of launching a new ignition for lambrettas with the pick-up on the outside and also possibly with a 3 phase option using the original flywheel. I'm VERY interested in this myself 8-) I think he also makes the Gamma Tech Speedo/rev counter/CHT gauge.
Scooterdude

Cheers for that Paul and Coaster that's very interesting will check it out, thanks.
coaster

Scooterdude wrote:Cheers for that Paul and Coaster that's very interesting will check it out, thanks.
That's Anthony Tambs btw :oops:
gaz_powell

what happened to the Uni 120W stator that appeared for a short while for around 60 quid ???
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

coaster wrote:Anton Tambs on Face Book will re-furb your stator to better than new, the guy is an electronic genius and id on the brink of launching a new ignition for lambrettas with the pick-up on the outside and also possibly with a 3 phase option using the original flywheel. I'm VERY interested in this myself 8-) I think he also makes the Gamma Tech Speedo/rev counter/CHT gauge.
The ignition is really exciting news. I'm looking forward to this.

He's just put up his stator plate refurb procedure on FB with photos and it's a work of art.

Yes, he does the speedo's. I've just installed one and it's superb.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
vega125s
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Hey could someone post up the Facebook info as I'm not on it , all sounds interesting .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information