RS 225 Ralph saxelby

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Danger
Main scooter: lambretta TV200

Cheers soosh
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Muttley McLadd wrote:
soosh wrote:Phone the shop on Monday,he will answer at some point. If someone has one of his barrels,he will help out.
How about a discount for cash?

:lol:
Lol!! How about I set the dog on you?
mawso

What was your top bid on it...with 30 seconds to go I had £141 ready to pop. Didn't bid in the end and watched it go for £132.00, a bargain I'd say!
Danger

Hi mawso , lol I had £151.51 up,d it £200 , so at £132 I thought I did alrite
twenty eight

the piston you have looks like a Suzuki ts250 word of warning mate don't buy any patern piston or rings off e.pay they are made of cheese,you may also need some spacers for your gudgeon pin
Danger

No I won't be buying any rings from eBay or pistons for that matter I will use a reputable dealer , cheers tho
Danger

I'm in need of a cylinder head for this top end an was wondering if the new avanti 225 cylinder head would suit it
mawso

Hi Danger

You'd have had me well beaten on price there then!

I bought a 71mm Iron R.S. kit off eBay a while back that had no head and piston was shot. Barrel had started off as a Honda 205 and been bored out over time to 71mm. Had a lot of fins removed to fit a big fcuk off 80's reed manifold and then had a few other broken fins. I'd bought an Avanti head and Avanti piston (with the head machined to suit Avanti Mitaka 70mm) both to go with a new Mugello V1 225 barrel that I picked up. Anyway now the plan is to use this head on the iron barrel to regain some of the cooling lost from removal of fins...that's the idea anyway, I seem to buy loads of stuff that I never end up using!

I was looking at the barrel you bought as it looked as straight forward and as intended...mine will have altered timings from boring out from 205 to 71mm. I think you would be alright with the thick fin AFR head on that. I run a R.S tuned iron barrel and that has an Italian 150 head on!

Good luck with it : )
Supereibar

You guys deserve a medal for fettling with these museum barrels :D I bet they go like s**t off a shovel tho ;)
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've had no problems with the Mitaka TS250 pistons from Grampian Motors. A mate runs a 71.0mm oversize and thats been fine too.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information