2 stroke oil to dry ??

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
col68
Main scooter: lambretta s2 li225 ts1

Just had my sons piaggio nrg 50cc water cooled in a local bike shop in boston lincs . Had to have an engine rebuild because the crank bearing cage broke . Garage said oil used was to dry :? he is using rock oil pp2 2 stroke through the injection pump. Engine had done 20,000 miles . Is this a good oil to use on this engine not tuned piaggio. new barrel fitted about a 1000 or so miles ago , engine revs to about 11,000 ? Engine had new crank bearing , seals , new con rod kit , piston and rings so is the oil too dry ?.Any help thanks col
twin

ring andy at PSN 01924 445 449,he will tell you,
not had that one oil to dry?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

i think i wood look at the pump cus its more chance its gonna be to little oil; not dry oil,

muppet,
C’est la vie
col68

Muppet wrote:i think i wood look at the pump cus its more chance its gonna be to little oil; not dry oil,

muppet,
I was thinking that to. Seals had were knackered was the first thing they told me . never herd of any oil being to dry . When i said should i put some more oil in as a premix (1 percent) said it would lean it up to much ? I had 9000 on that oil before . Could it just be that bearing had worn out ? :? ta col
col68

twin wrote:ring andy at PSN 01924 445 449,he will tell you,
not had that one oil to dry?
Thanks for psn number andy was very helpful :bigsm: . Sounds like we got over charged for work it would have been cheaper to have took bike to west yorkshire. :flaming: :flaming:
twin

when some one says oil was to dry,and if you put more oil in it will lean it off,you got to get it out of there,
shocky

col68 wrote:Just had my sons piaggio nrg 50cc water cooled in a local bike shop in boston lincs . Had to have an engine rebuild because the crank bearing cage broke . Garage said oil used was to dry :? he is using rock oil pp2 2 stroke through the injection pump. Engine had done 20,000 miles . Is this a good oil to use on this engine not tuned piaggio. new barrel fitted about a 1000 or so miles ago , engine revs to about 11,000 ? Engine had new crank bearing , seals , new con rod kit , piston and rings so is the oil too dry ?.Any help thanks col
is he related to ray kemp ? :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
col68

shocky wrote:
col68 wrote:Just had my sons piaggio nrg 50cc water cooled in a local bike shop in boston lincs . Had to have an engine rebuild because the crank bearing cage broke . Garage said oil used was to dry :? he is using rock oil pp2 2 stroke through the injection pump. Engine had done 20,000 miles . Is this a good oil to use on this engine not tuned piaggio. new barrel fitted about a 1000 or so miles ago , engine revs to about 11,000 ? Engine had new crank bearing , seals , new con rod kit , piston and rings so is the oil too dry ?.Any help thanks col
is he related to ray kemp ? :lol:
He could be distant relation ;) :lol:
col68

How about this then my son bike had to go back in to launchburys in boston on wednesday thinking that head was leaking . They say head not leaking but a wire broken to temp sensor on head make flash on head set top . But the spark plug is burnt to out making it stutter at about 9000 revs , after 500 miles in there words the oil is too dry make engine run hot and as burnt the plug out :wtf: :shocking: . Would this be a timing problem :?: :?: what should the timing be set at on a piaggio nrg 50 lc so that I can get it checked . Thanks col
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information