Dellorto 25 on J125 TZR conversion. Help needed.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Supereibar

Maybe someone can help me. The idea is to fit a TZR piston on a J125 barrel. Then I know I will require an intake manifold which presumably would be a one off?? Any ideas on this? Then I would need to fit a Delly 25mm on it and I have absolutely no clue on how to jet it propperly. Does any charitable soul out there have a slight idea of what do I need to find and is willing to post it? A shopping list would be interesting and much appreciated.

All the best,

J.
e type

Hi j I am looking at manifolds too as its all I need to finish the engine I was going to use a lammy 150 inlet of mb for phbl 25 it may need holes slotting slightly but it should fit as others Before us have have used 150 inlets on these 125/130/140 Vegas but if anyone knows a better way I would be interested too
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I used a 150 manifold ported out to match a PHBL 25.As for jetting I would have to look in my book or you could try Dave Thrackway as he knows his Luna stuff http://lunaownersclub.lifediscussion.net/
e type

Wack if you do look in your book about the jetting could you post it up here as I will need this info too please
Supereibar

I asked David about that many moons back.. But we never conclude the conversation. I wonder if he could share his secret with us. That would be brill.
wlightning

I think I used a 150 manifold which chalky opened out for me, had a collier sweated on and run a 25 or 26mm mukini had it on dyno to set up
but moved needle.

Carl
Supereibar

you boys with your mikunis.... So, a 150 manifold MIGHT work then, you reckon?
thackers

Hi Jamie, I'm in the garage tomorrow so i'll take some photos of the inlet and the rubber connector. I'll also jot down the carb settings which were done when i had it dynoed. I had the barrel tuned by Mick Abbey and i've got his calculations etc i'll dig them out and post them up. I did post them ages ago, perhaps on the old LCGB forum but i can't get my link to it to work. Like i say im in the garage so i'll post up the info this weekend
e type

What sort of tune did mick do ?
paddyfitz

Dellorto 25mm jetting...
On that setup...
I'll take a wild stab in the dark.
I'd start with a D29 needle 2nd clip up from the taper, 266 tube, idle jet of 52 & a main of 110 & see what it does.
Might be good. Might be way off. Gotta start somewhere. :fb:
Maybe put a larger aperture float needle valve in there to be on the safe side. 250 or 300 depending on your level of overall paranoia.
Saw a link with someone using an LTH reed manifold on one. Might be interesting? Might make the jetting a little more forgiving.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information