Mikuni issues with 1st 1/4 throttle

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
sharkman

Hi looking for help with the above. Running a TS1 230 and in 1st quarter throttle if splutters quite badly but then clears and takes off like a scolded cat making it very hard to ride in town. I was told it is because the atomiser is worn but can't be changed as it is part of the carb body unlike a dellorto.

Has anyone else had this issue as I would hate to replace it and find no difference.

Cheers
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

sharkman wrote:Hi looking for help with the above. Running a TS1 230 and in 1st quarter throttle if splutters quite badly but then clears and takes off like a scolded cat making it very hard to ride in town. I was told it is because the atomiser is worn but can't be changed as it is part of the carb body unlike a dellorto.

Has anyone else had this issue as I would hate to replace it and find no difference.

Cheers

What are your existing settings?

Main Jet - Pilot - Needle - Clip?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wax

Best put that glass of red wine down / reefer (delete as applicable) and get your spanners out Sharkey [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Main jet too big ? whats your set up carb wise ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information